IGNORED

Anyone know of all the retro compilations for the PS2?

Ross PK

I actually played some of the Intellivison Lives compilation last night. Was playing Tower of Doom several times before dying. Is it me, or does emulation for that compilation seem a bit slow?

I haven't got around to playing Tower of Doom yet.

I've never played on the original hardware, but some games do kinda feel a bit slow.

Anyway, I was having a lot of fun on Shark Shark and Thunder Castle last night. :)

Edited by Ross PK

Here's my very small retro game compilation collection. But obviously I plan on buying more. :)

5638294521_32af848823_b.jpg

Arcade TAC SCAN got an official home release on only two systems. Atari 2600 and PS2. Guess which one is a close rendition to the Arcade. Its on the NTSC Sega Genesis compilation as an unlock, should also be on your PAL Sega Mega drive compilation. Get a SmartJoyFrag and enjoy the game with a Spinner mod!

MSX Collection

then I see some other, to be played on modified consoles, here, for arcade conversions :

www.jap-sai.com

I can't find such a thing for the PS2? What's the name of it?

I'm aware of the Konami Antiques series on the PSOne. Was that what you were talking about? I own the Saturn version, which has all three volumes contained in a single disc. That's the way to go for Konami's MSX collections if someone also has a Saturn available.

Here's my very small retro game compilation collection. But obviously I plan on buying more. :)

5638294521_32af848823_b.jpg

Arcade TAC SCAN got an official home release on only two systems. Atari 2600 and PS2. Guess which one is a close rendition to the Arcade. Its on the NTSC Sega Genesis compilation as an unlock, should also be on your PAL Sega Mega drive compilation. Get a SmartJoyFrag and enjoy the game with a Spinner mod!

Yeah, I've unlocked it. I find it really hard though.

One of the things that **SUCKS** about the Midway Arcade Treasures......

....which was shortly thereafter renamed "Midway Arcade Treasures 1" is that they botched Super Sprint. This was primarily the reason I bought the f***king thing, to begin with. This is one of my favorite arcade games of all-time.

For some damned reason, they have "the gas on" ALL THE TIME. You can't let off. What in the HELL were they thinking? It's unplayable.

You got me worried, I already have Midway Arcade Treasures with the 1 on it. I went out and hunted for the other version. Both have identical discs with a matched copyright of 2003 on either cover. So basically the cover insert and game manuals are slightly different. I just printed out a list of all my local gamestops that have this game, I'll see if there is a different version disc.

Super Sprint Fix (Either PS2 version)

The Gas defaults to the right Analog stick, pull down to slow down. At the main game menu you can change the gas to the direction up and down. Either Full or reactive setting.

I now have both versions, the discs are different. Alas its only different art on the disc, manual and case cover. The game code is identical in both, Super Sprint is still buggy. Oh well, I can play the fixed Gamecube version.

Posted pics of both versions here:

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10186&p=410241#p410241

Edited by CRTGAMER