IGNORED

KEWROCK

Hi Guys.

I know it won't run 7800 games. But how difficult is setting up a harmony cartridge with a 7800 console? I tried setting up the M.E.S.S. EMU. It Made my head spin. I couldn't get it going.

I was using Stella and ProSystem 1.3 on an old junk PC connected to my big screen TV. They worked great with little or no setting up. The PC finally failed. So I'm figuring what I'm going to do. I could get another old computer off Craigslist, and set up Atari, NES, Coleco and Sega. I'm not into modern games, so processing power is not a problem. What are the advantages to Harmony over pc emulation?

How long does it take to get one? The bonus pack is $79?

Thanks.

The Harmony cart works fine on my 7800. I just plugged it in and started playing 2600 games. The setup is exactly the same for a 7800 as it is for a 2600.

I just ordered a Harmony cart and it took about a week to get it. It depends on if batari has any already made up or not. He had to assemble mine before he sent it, so that's why it took a few extra days. He is great to deal with. His communication is excellent and if you have any problems (which isn't likely) he will answer questions and help get it going.

Playing on the original hardware is always best imo. You don't have the glitches that are sometimes encountered in emulation, the sound is better, and the controllers are way better (assuming you are using a CX-40 joystick and not the 7800 joystick).

Using original Atari controllers is the biggest factor. I got a Legacy Engineering USB stick last year. It's OK, but a little to jumpy for me. Yet going diagonal, it's not sensetive enough. I went back to using a standard PC Aftershock controller. I guess nothing beats those cheap, simple foil contacts in the originals.

What do you think of those RF mods they're selling on Ebay? I saw two different kinds, RCA plugs or S-video with RCA sound.