IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Post you're finds here be they 1 combat cart or a $2 Panasonic Q :D

Today is the last shopping day before christmas and my local

thrift has just put their prices up :( But thats O.k because I found

a MIB SNES on the front counter. It came in a Killer instinct box

that looks like it has seen better days, The game and C.D where

not in there :( but inside was a boxed SNES and it was Minty fresh :)

with a controller in its own box for AU$50.

Also saved a PC Propad6 (6 button gamepad) from beeing bundled in

with yet another megadrive (the prices of which are slowly rising) for $8

and picked 4 Megadrive games I don't have out of a pile of 50 games

I alrady do have for $4.50 each (a lot more than the $1 they where 4 weeks ago)

:D

• Like 3

Thats exactly how my C64 collection started :D

I bought a stack of C64 stuff for $1 an item

(inc. 3 C64's,1 tape drive and 1 Disc drive + games )

and a box of atari games. I didn't have an atari at the

time so thats how I started my thrift store addiction,

scouring stores for an Atari ;)

Well I think everyone here should set aside Friday or Saturday to hit all the thrifts in their area VERY HARD. I've done this every year after Christmas and I always come home with tons of goodies. After Christmas everyone is in the giving and donating mood and this usually includes lots of classic gaming goodness.

So remember, bug your local thrift vendors for those boxes of fresh atari games we all know they're going to have! Don't be shy, I've haggled my way into back rooms many a time and it pays off.

Happy hunting all!

Well I think everyone here should set aside Friday or Saturday to hit all the thrifts in their area VERY HARD. I've done this every year after Christmas and I always come home with tons of goodies. After Christmas everyone is in the giving and donating mood and this usually includes lots of classic gaming goodness.

So remember, bug your local thrift vendors for those boxes of fresh atari games we all know they're going to have! Don't be shy, I've haggled my way into back rooms many a time and it pays off.

Happy hunting all!

If you say so.... :ponder: :D :)

My finds today where :

1 NES for $5 with a game and 2 controllers (plus a game still inside like always :D ) Some kid was trying (unsucsesfully) to convince his parents to buy it .

Hahahahahahah ... Ahem

and

1 N64 for way too much (but its for my collection not resale value ;) )

with Conkers bad fur day 1 controller all hookups and an Expansion pak :)

Today I did my local rounds in Pawnbrokers arounf the area, and I found one with 12 Used, but CIB Atari Games. No Rare ones, but It adds to my collections which is around the 80 Mark! I alos got a lot of Mlti Language Boxes and Manuals! They Were AU$2 Each, And I got 1 for free! The Games I got were:

Othello

Combat (Text)

Phoneix

Human Cannonball

Outlaw

Atlantis (Not HES)

Bowling

Slot Machine

Marone Joust

Peles Soccer

Video Checkers

Video Pinball

Space Invaders

Video Olympics (I have No Paddles )

Great Find today and since I have long service from work up until Feburary, I'll be able to check every Couple of Days!

This Sunday at a fleamarket I got several Atari 2600 cartridges, but most of them I'll put for trade or sale. I finally got a vintage pirate Atari 2600 cartridge with the label from 2001 store (Brazil). I also got one woodgrain and one Coleco Gemini loose, and also one rare Brazilian 8-bit computer.

Sergio

http://member.newsguy.com/~charin/vgmuseum/

Here's a list of what I discovered at Goodwill. Unfortunately, most stuff is non-Atari, much to my dismayal:

-Sega Control Stick (for the Master System). Still in box with original price tag.

Controller is a bit dusty. Box also contained two Master System controllers.

-Acclaim Double Player System 2 wireless controllers with reciever

Found them unboxed. In good condition. Haven't been tested as none of my NES systems are reliable enough.

-Sega Genesis Games (WWF Raw and Super Street Fighter 2). Loose carts

-5 games for the Commodore 64(and compatible)

It was a good find overall..still some more stuff I didn't get(wireless Genesis controllers and 2 more games)and then the places would be cleared out of games. Went to 2 different Salvation Army stores(Burlington and South Burlington,VT) and they never have many games anyway.

Let me know if anything catches your eye. I might need a Master System seeing how I now have 3 controllers. Just let me know. All items are listed on my webpage link below in my signature.

Now that I've finally started seriously wanting to buy a NES, my thrift stores don't seem to have any! The ones on Ebay are way too expensive, so I hope that someone will get rid of one soon to my local thrift, so I can buy it. If you have any leads, cheap ones....let me know!

I found my 2600 at the local thrift in GREAT condition for 2$. I cried from happiness.......sigh...:D

Today I wandered into a big box of 2600 carts in a junk/antique store for a really good price. There were over 125 of them all told--commons that were picked through over the years. Most of them will go to AtariAge for cartridge case reuse as I already have duplicates of Combat, Space Invaders, Pac-Man etc. But there are some mystery games too that I'll check out as well as a couple Space Jockeys and a dozen or so each of Imagic and Mattel commons. From the looks of it there seems to be no new ones for me in that bunch.

There was also a 5200 Pac-Man, SMS Rambo & California Games, and a couple of TI cartridges--Home Financial Decisions and Early Reading.

It was a BIG box!

Then I wandered over to a couple of thrifts--at one I found a tall Pac-Man Glass (sorta like a beer mug) dated 1982 with two logos on it (same one twice), and at the other place I found ColecoVision LadyBug, and Intellivision carts Pac-Man, Triple Action, Learning Fun I, and Coleco Donkey Kong.

Weekend before Christmas:

Super Skateboardin' (7800)

H.E.R.O. (2600)

BMX Airmaster (2600)

Kung-Fu Master (7800)

Keystoe Kapers (2600)

Commando (2600)

Double Dragon (7800)

All HES distros.

Today:

1x 4-switch 2600

2x 2600Jnrs

1x XEGS w/ floppy drive

Sky Skipper

The Empire Strikes Back

Plaque Attack

Reactor

4 Japanese carts of unknown system (MSX?)

All untested.

On Sunday at the flea market I found a Suncom Tac 5 controller for $1 that needs a good cleaning, and for $2 i picked up a loose Tengen Tetris for the NES. Too bad I don't care much about NES games. I call it tradebait. Oh, I got a whole pineapple for $1 too.....

It was a grand weekend considering yesterdays finds as well as todays!

I found a boxed Eli's Ladder, 15 lab-loaners, a gold plated six switcher ..... oh wait that was a dream. :P

The only thing cool I found during thrift hunting this weekend was a copy of Life magazine issued the day I was born. :)

Not exactly a thrift find, but I did find some rare NES carts at a Gamestop in this area:

-Krazy Kreatures

-Venice Beach Volleyball

-Dudes with Attitude

Krazy Kreatures and Dudes with Attitudes are considered to be "More Rare" on the NES rarity scale while Venice Beach Volleyball is ranked "Hard to Find" on the NES rarity scale. Not bad. All 3 games came without boxes.

Also found Super Sprint for the NES and WWF Royal Rumble for the Genesis.

Not a bad find overall. Not exactly "thrift"..but still darn cheap!

Not a bad find.

I found a boxed, sealed Archer "pro" Atari-compatible joystick at my local Value Village for $4 CDN yesterday, but that's it. If you're looking for good stuff, don't come to Calgary...all of the Salvation Army stores have a standing order NOT to accept any computer equipment that's "lower" than a 486. :(