IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

FINALLY got a decently priced Craigslist lot - two working C64's, two working 1541 drives, a 1701 monitor, a boxed koala pad, a boxed keyboard synthesizer, some boxed games like M.U.L.E., Archon, Pinball Construction (the tri-fold versions), Sword of Fargoal, Jumpman, Temple of Apshai, Wizard, & some more, a few modems and something called an INTROL home controlling system with some wires, a plug in, the disk program and instructions. The guy who sold it to me said he could never get the INTROL system to work. I've never heard of it but it looks cool and totally takes me back to the 1980s. Anyway a great lot of stuff in really good condition for $100.

• Like 3

Small car boot sale today.

35 for both (5 for the wheel).

Voant%20sidewinder_zps4hkj77zz.png

Saadly I don't have a joystick to USB (does that even exists?) or a PCI Sound card at hand D:

My sidewinder forcefeedback pro stick has a usb to 15pin converter. Think it's only compatible with microsoft joysticks.

Be careful, usually even the generic game-port-to-USB adapters are intended for Sidewinders, and according to everything I've read, the controller itself has to support USB before it will work with an adapter. Microsoft built USB support into many of their Sidewinder models, even those with a game port plug, which is why the adapter works.

I'll cross my fingers for you, though. Let us know if it does work. That would definitely make it easier to move game-port controllers.

I guess it depends on how the USB game port adapter is made. I'll see, and I guess I'll still be able to use with other gamepads as well.

For the sounds cards... the most ironic thing is that I do have them, but at my parent's home...

All of them Sounds Blaster 16, one is a full ISA with CD-ROM IDE support, one without it, and one with PCI (and my actual computer have one standard/legacy PCI port) so on this case I'm safe (and why I have them? Just because I found them in a recycle bin. When I saw this, I was "Oh damn, an ISA Sound Blaster? You're going with me girl"). but it means doing 350 km or ask my parents to mail it to me. I'm not sure my parents would like to look into all my stuff and I'm not going to do a travel just for it so... I'll see if the adapter will fail me or not ;)

And from what I read myself, Microsoft support of the Sidewinder Wheel, even the USB models, is very much abandoned. Some drivers exists and may or may not do much to make them work under Windows 7/8/Vista.

So that's two big steps for it to work ;D But I swear I'll get it to work, just to be able to say that I use a fine 15 years old (probably even older) racing wheel.

Edited by CatPix

Microsoft hasn't made Sidewinders for about a decade now. Instead they encourage you to buy XBox 360 or XBox One controllers to use with Windows. However, the USB-supporting Sidewinders will work at least with Windows 7, using the standard USB HID drivers that come with the operating system. I had to test a few recently when getting them ready for eBay.

So, if you're lucky enough to get your controller working with USB at all, odds are it will work at least with Vista and 7, maybe with 8.

But I swear I'll get it to work, just to be able to say that I use a fine 15 years old (probably even older) racing wheel.

I don't see why not. There's not much that a modern day wheel could do that an old one couldn't...maybe force feedback?

I think I have a wheel somewhere that I need to find...I grabbed a couple old sound cards with the sole intent of using it with them.

Heck yeah, been lookin all over for a Master System Light Phaser!! $3.99. Time for some Safari Hunt!!!

Huge thrift find today guys :grin: ... I found this by mistake and almost put it back . Got it for a dollar at a Goodwill .

Wow! Two back to back epic finds. I would have done a double take on either.

AtariBrian has found what appears to be a 5200 controller extension cable?

• Like 1

That is correct ... or a Jaguar . It was thrown in a box full of other cables . It is amazing you can find anything in those boxes full of cables as they are all twisted and piled up .

• Like 1

I thought that was an old PC gameport extension cable. I wonder if they are the same.

Heck yeah, been lookin all over for a Master System Light Phaser!! $3.99. Time for some Safari Hunt!!!

attachicon.gif20150701_104213.jpg

I need to get me one of those. Heck...I could use a lot of light guns, but I never feel like going out of my way to buy a controller (sometimes for too much money, and sometimes one for each player) that will only work on a small handful of games.

I thought that was an old PC gameport extension cable.

That's what I thought, too.

I'll have to post pictures of it all later as it's ALOT of stuff but this is stuff that I've acquired over the past year and a half(give or take a few), Anyway this is what I've found...

. (this was around September,October or so of last year) 400(or so) PS2 games $29: I got all of this off Ebay as a bundle and although 320 or so of the games where sports games, 70 or so of them were non sports games(racing, shooting,platformers, etc) which was an excellent price and surprisingly no bids. There was another bundle this same guy had up which had 300+ non sports games which for whatever reason I passed up on(probably could have got it for under $50 as there was only 1 bidder) but whatever...

(this and below is this year)Need for Speed Undercover(loose) for $1

an Xbox with 1 controller, all hookups and DVD receiver for $8 at the flea market a good 3 months and a half ago.It does not want want to play all the games that I have(it plays Dead or alive 3 no problems but 007 Agent under fire never works) but I can always mod it to play downloaded games so it's still usable. The same lady had Super Monkey Ball for Gamecube for only $2. She also had Shrek 2 for the Xbox and some Nes games(Batman, American gladiator, some LJN game town & country surf designs wood & water rage I believe, three stooges and I think one more game) which I passed on for $2 each(didn't have all my money on me). Didn't feel that bad at first because they were all relatively cheap games but now that I think about it, Batman is a really good game(also seems to be a $10-15 game), Shrek 2 is an OK game and the rest, for the price, just to try them out to see if they are crap and a cheap way to boost my collection count isn't bad either...

Went to the flea market today and there was not that many people there(usually there are more people on Saturday than Sunday but there still usually be a lot of people there(a good 200-250 maybe 300 people). The guy(thankfully or it would have been a letdown) who I always buy comics from(all are $1 each from him) was there so I brought a few. I got Power Pack #15(Marvel), Justice League of America #59(DC), PSI Force #4(Marvel), Shadow of the bat #30(DC), Peacemaker #3(DC), and Vigilante #15. This year I've also have gotten Hex #16(DC), Icon #17(DC), Legends of the Dark Claw #1(DC and Marvel),The Vision and the Scarlet Witch #7(Marvel), X-men in the spectacular Spider-man #198(didn't see it had a bite out of the back of the book until I got home but ehh what can you do)(Marvel), Speedball and the Masked Marvel #3(Marvel), Strikeforce Morituri #2(Marvel), Deadshot secrets #3(Marvel), The doom patrol #3(DC), and Starman Sins of a child part 4.. My sister picked me up at an Anime convention for me The sensational Spider-man #199(Marvel) The new Teen Titans #27(DC), The Green Lantern corps #206(DC), Web of Spider-man #26(Marvel), and The mighty Thor #380(Marvel) for not sure how much exactly but under $15.

After I went to the flea market I stopped at a Value Village and got some PS1 games for $8: The supposed games were Jersey Devil(complete), NFL Blitz 2000(complete), WF Smackdown(complete), Vigilante 8(no manual), Need for speed 3 Hot pursuit(complete), Delta Force urban warfare(no back cover and in some CD case but otherwise complete, Test drive off road(complete), and Crash Bandicoot Warped(complete). When I got home(don't know why I didn't check them all in the store) inside the Need for speed case was High stakes and not Hot pursuit, Smackdown 2 was in the Smackdown case, nothing was in the Jersey Devil case and nothing was also in the Blitz case. Hopefully when I go to the flea market next week and stop back at the VV, they have my games. If they do I might just slip both in one case as you know, I paid for them :x

Just how G-Damn annoying is it getting out there?

I ran into some ColecoVision carts. Cool! Campaign '84, Galaxian, and Tarzan. Those were the winners among 20 commons. How much?

Seller: "18."

What??? "8?"

I repeated it just because I could not believe what I was I hearing. "8?"

"What if I buy a few of them?"

Seller: "15, each"

I left and came back about an hour later.

"Can you do $20 for three?"

Seller: "No."

"You know these are slightly over-priced. How did you come up with that number?"

Seller: "My wife checked eBay and saw they were going for $70, so we're at $18."

"OK, I'm going to tell you right now you're wrong. Are you going to be here tomorrow? Because I think after a day, you might lower your price."

Forget him. I'm not going back. Crazy. Ultimately depressing. Fleazin' is dead. I think it's all garage saling for me from here on out.