So, it's time for another Stella release. First of all, I have to apologize for the amount of time since the last release. I've mentioned in several other threads that I'm doing major renovations to my house, and haven't had a computer room for over 2 months. As a result, this release doesn't contain all the items I wanted to include. Anyway, enough of the apologies, have a look at what is
* Many improvements to input handling, particularly with the mouse and
- The mouse can now be used to emulate a joystick, booster-grip or
- The mouse now controls only one device at a time (1 of 4 paddles,
1 of 2 joysticks, etc), instead of devices from both virtual ports.
- The sensitivity for digital and mouse input (for paddles) can now
be set separately with the 'dsense' and 'msense' commandline
arguments, and from within the Input Settings UI.
* Added support for the 2600-daptor device (http://2600-daptor.com), which is
similar to a Stelladaptor but improves handling of paddles. Thanks
go to Tom Hafner for a complimentary test sample of this device.
* Added new controller types 'Paddles_IAxis', 'Paddles_IDir', and
'Paddles_IAxDr', which invert the paddle axis, direction, and
axis+direction, respectively. These are used for certain ROMs
that have the axis or direction inverted from normal (for example,
using the paddles causes on onscreen object to move up and down vs.
left and right). All applicable ROMs in the internal database
have been updated.
* Added preliminary support for emulating ARM code to the DPC+
bankswitching scheme (thanks to Batari). Related to this, fatal
errors in the DPC+ ARM code are now caught and shown in the debugger.
* Updated internal ROM properties database to ROM-Hunter version 6
(thanks go to RomHunter for his tireless research in this area).
* The ROM audit dialog now automatically selects the current
directory in the ROM launcher, and reloads the directory after
the audit is complete.
* Removed the 'grabmouse' functionality; the mouse is now always
grabbed while playing a game, and released otherwise.
* Updated built-in version of the PNG library to the latest version.
As usual, Stella can be download from http://stella.sf.net
. Please report all bugs in this thread or by email. I would suggest adding bugs to the Stella tracker, but it hasn't been working since AtariAge upgraded the forum software (Al, if you're listening, please fix the Stella tracker).