IGNORED

What's the original IBM PC go for these days?

When I read about IBM's 100 year anniversary, it got me thinking about the old IBM PC, my Dad's old computer and my first experience with video games. What do these go for these days? I have seen these on ebay with insane BINs ($500) but what is the true value if I wanted to get one, on AA or anywhere else? Thanks.

When I read about IBM's 100 year anniversary, it got me thinking about the old IBM PC, my Dad's old computer and my first experience with video games. What do these go for these days? I have seen these on ebay with insane BINs ($500) but what is the true value if I wanted to get one, on AA or anywhere else? Thanks.

If we're talking about IBM 5160's, I see people *trying* to sell them for $200+, but they tend to *actually* sell in the $40-$70 range. This is for a working 5160 w/640MB, single or dual 5.25" floppy, keyboard and no hard drive or monitor. The keyboards tend to sell much better by themselves...

Just remember what the original Macintosh said about IBM PCs:

"Never trust a computer you can't lift."

Mac users are now confirmed to be weaklings. I can't say that I didn't see this coming.

;)

Thank god I'm a PC.

Edited by Animan

I actually tossed my first XT PC with 640k, 5.25, 3.5, and 32MB hard drive about 7 years ago. It was my first childhood DOS machine and was working perfectly, but I didn't think I had room, and I wasn't using it. Now I'm kicking myself really hard. Really, really hard. :( I miss my baby!

I actually tossed my first XT PC with 640k, 5.25, 3.5, and 32MB hard drive about 7 years ago. It was my first childhood DOS machine and was working perfectly, but I didn't think I had room, and I wasn't using it. Now I'm kicking myself really hard. Really, really hard. :( I miss my baby!

The first computer I ever used was an XT, so I've still got fond memories of it. It'd be cool to have one, but it's too limited and too large for me.

About 10 years ago, I threw out my XT PC with roughly the same stats as yours but... It also had a Central Point Option Board installed - I've seen those bad boys go for a mess of money on Ebay *slaps head and calls self names*

Ah well... At least I still have the software for it... :-P