IGNORED

Notepad ++

RXB

So how do you use the Notepad ++?

I want to make a Cartridge I wrote and make it run with Classic99 and when I open the RXB file to edit it, instead of bytes of data I get:

BELTIFILESNUL!SOHNULACKNULNULNULNUL

So how do you get it to show Hex instead of this crap? Or is this Notepad ++ no at all for making a GRAM file into a file that Classic99 can run?

Ok picked up HexEdit online but how do you configure the GRAM files together? Looking at the one made for me for RXB 2001 does not make any sense.

Edited by RXB

Yo need a hex editor for that. There's plenty of free ones on the web!

Got one and working on it, How to put them together is another problem. What order do they go?

I have:

RXB

RXB1

RXB2

RXB3

RXB4

RXB5

RXB6

Taken away the headers and extra at end of files but how do you stack them?

Edited by RXB

Yo need a hex editor for that. There's plenty of free ones on the web!

Got one and working on it, How to put them together is another problem. What order do they go?

I have:

RXB

RXB1

RXB2

RXB3

RXB4

RXB5

RXB6

Taken away the headers and extra at end of files but how do you stack them?

If you are on windows and you want to create a file called MYMODULE you can do so by opening a command window and issuing:

Copy /B RXB+RXB1+RXB2+RXB3+RXB4+RXB5+RXB6 MYMODULE

If you are on windows and you want to create a file called MYMODULE you can do so by opening a command window and issuing:

Copy /B RXB+RXB1+RXB2+RXB3+RXB4+RXB5+RXB6 MYMODULE

Thanks never spent any time working with DOS commands. It did not make a bin file just lumped them into one file?

What is /B? Like I said never worked with DOS much.And the results crashed as the files are out of order.

When I want to make a User Module to run how the heck do you do it? So far every attempt has crashed.

What is the procedure?

NewRXB.zip

Edited by RXB

What is /B? Like I said never worked with DOS much.And the results crashed as the files are out of order.

Like all "DOS" commands, you can type "COPY /?" to get help. "/B" is binary copy.

To load the module, you just have to launch "Cartridge / User / Open..." and select one of the three files. It works with RXB2001.

The size of your 8k files is only 8191 bytes, so 5 bytes are missing form the joined RXBG file (40955 instead of 40960), maybe that cause the crash.

Like all "DOS" commands, you can type "COPY /?" to get help. "/B" is binary copy.

To load the module, you just have to launch "Cartridge / User / Open..." and select one of the three files. It works with RXB2001.

The size of your 8k files is only 8191 bytes, so 5 bytes are missing form the joined RXBG file (40955 instead of 40960), maybe that cause the crash.

When you combine the files into RXBG.bin what is the order they have to load?

Is it : COPY /B RXB2+RXB3+RXB4+RXB5+RXB6

Or is it: COPY /B RXB6+RXB5+RXB4+RXB3+RXB2

I have tried both and they both crash. In that all I get on Classic99 is scrambled screens.

There are joined in the order you give.

I added a "00" byte to each file and joined them, but it also crash.

The user progam pointer from the GROM header in RXB2 points to E010. If you check with the Classic99 debugger, there is no menu string at E014.

Rich,

I have succesfully converted your five RXB module files to load into a HSGPL card on my TI-99/4A. Perhaps you have already done so at an earlier date but could you give us a brief overview of the main differeces between your RXB2001 and RXB2011. At the moment I have both installed on my HSGPL card.

Regards,

Jacques

Rich,

I have succesfully converted your five RXB module files to load into a HSGPL card on my TI-99/4A. Perhaps you have already done so at an earlier date but could you give us a brief overview of the main differeces between your RXB2001 and RXB2011. At the moment I have both installed on my HSGPL card.

Regards,

Jacques

I have removed some commands like LDIAG, RDIAG, AMSINIT, and SCSI as these commands were of little use. AMSINIT could be accomplished with a simple AMSPASS instead. SCSI was not worth the space as you needed a XB Program to take apart the results just to show them. As for LDIAG and RDIAG they were cute but that was about it.

RXB 2011 will only save programs in Internal/Variable 254 format, but will load normally. Using RAG Librarian to make up a text file and a RXB program my SCSI drive can just chug away at loading and saving programs from Program Image format to I/V 254 as it uses USER program to just keep reading the files. Luckily it does not matter how big a DV80 file is as USER just keeps running the file till it reaches the end of the file. I would like to put in some new commands like

CALL IFKEY("Yy",5,K,S,1200,1800) this would be if key is Y or y then goto the line 1200 else 1800

CALL GOKEY("Yy",5,K,S,1200) this would go to 1200 if Y or y but with out the else would just go to the next command.

CALL ONKEY("YN123',3,K,S,800,900,1000) this would be on Y goto 800, on N would go 900 and so one. The list is in order so it is in order with the goto list.

I do not think a GOSUB version is possible as the amount of code is just to large to fit with the space I have left. Obviously I am not done with 2011 yet.

Rich,

Regards,

Jacques

I have removed some commands like LDIAG, RDIAG, AMSINIT, and SCSI as these commands were of little use. AMSINIT could be accomplished with a simple AMSPASS instead. SCSI was not worth the space as you needed a XB Program to take apart the results just to show them. As for LDIAG and RDIAG they were cute but that was about it.

RXB 2011 will only save programs in Internal/Variable 254 format, but will load normally. Using RAG Librarian to make up a text file and a RXB program my SCSI drive can just chug away at loading and saving programs from Program Image format to I/V 254 as it uses USER program to just keep reading the files. Luckily it does not matter how big a DV80 file is as USER just keeps running the file till it reaches the end of the file. I would like to put in some new commands like

CALL IFKEY("Yy",5,K,S,1200,1800) this would be if key is Y or y then goto the line 1200 else 1800

CALL GOKEY("Yy",5,K,S,1200) this would go to 1200 if Y or y but with out the else would just go to the next command.

CALL ONKEY("YN123',3,K,S,800,900,1000) this would be on Y goto 800, on N would go 900 and so one. The list is in order so it is in order with the goto list.

I do not think a GOSUB version is possible as the amount of code is just to large to fit with the space I have left. Obviously I am not done with 2011 yet.

Rich,

Thank you for the information. I appreciate that RXB2011 is still a work in process.

At the present time I can toggle back and forth between the two screens but I can only make some use of the REA screen. I can run a program image file and display a directory but as you have explained I cannot run an XB program. I have not tried the other options.

What is the intent of the AMS Controller screen? I have a SAMS card on my TI.

On the RXB screen I cannot access RXB Command Mode by pressing the space bar. The program just hangs and I have to turn off my TI. Pressing the space bar works fine using version 2001.

Have a nice day,

Jacques

I was just testing code and some modifications just do not work for me either. I had moved some stuff and will have to move it back as it crashes the system. This is not a release so 2011 is not done yet.

I am also looking into the RTGR and DSWGR commands. If I put them always at >FFF0 in each bank then I have up to 16 banks of GRAM I can use to make RXB and REA.