IGNORED

SIDE next HDD for Atari 8 bit preorder

zaxon

"And I notice he has his finger in many other hardware pies, too..."

Sounds a lot like my money as it pertains to acquiring all the cool stuff being developed around here. ;)

I do hope Zaxon understands that I'm pulling for him and not against him, all I need is an update from time to time. Life can be tough with family, work, and everything in between, as I'm sure most of us can attest to.

Mike

(...) And I notice he has his finger in many other hardware pies, too... (...)

...I hope he does devotes most of his remaining fingers wrapping around (and nurturing) his own reputation, instead. Quite a large (and maybe unnecessary) exposure, if you ask me.

I will certainly wait for formal / actual feedback from him. Nevertheless, I should warn that my fuse only blows one (1) time.

F.

And I notice he has his finger in many other hardware pies, too... I reckon he's just taken too much on at once. Better to finish one thing before moving onto the next...

You would think that he would have figured that out by now. :mad: Yet it appears he keeps proposing new hardware mods on other forums, takes money for the project and then leaves them hanging too. His latest post was today on http://69.90.163.150/~atari276/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22260&sid=701f86b7d99259ed27b1823ca957a5e9&start=50 This project was started the first of Dec and there's people in it complaining about other projects he hasn't shipped to them, In this thread on this website he hasn't posted since mid Jan and that to promise shipping by the end of Jan. Yet he has been active on other sites all along.

The more I find out about his activities on other sites, the worse this looks. His account is frozen on Amibay. Numerous complaints on Atari-Forum. Same here. He's been offered help. He's been offered advice. He's not taken either. But it seems he has no problem starting additional projects and taking your money.

What's worse is that he doesn't communicate. Or (gasp) lies! He promises shipping this date, misses, then another date, misses, then another date is given, and finally no response at all. Some people get theirs, others don't. Same run.

We are six days into Feb. with the latest promised shipping date of the end of Jan for all remaining SIDE orders passed. No shipping info for mine and no response to my PM.

No update from him in this thread.

This SIDE sounded like a good hardware mod and I would have liked to own one, but at this point I am going to cut my losses. Someone else can get inline. I hope I can get a refund. I just don't trust him anymore. My fuse has blown. :sad:

This SIDE sounded like a good hardware mod and I would have liked to own one, but at this point I am going to cut my losses. Someone else can get inline. I hope I can get a refund. I just don't trust him anymore. My fuse has blown. :sad:

If you order something that requires a pre-order just to get parts and then requires someone to hand assemble and ship it to you, you'd better be patient. It doesn't really matter how long it takes; you and everyone else in the Atari world have EVERY REASON to believe you'll get what you ordered from Zaxon (can't say the same about everyone I've dealt with with items like this).

You're upset because you ordered something, didn't get it yet and see Zaxon posting elsewhere ignoring everyone who's complaining. Understandable, but trust me, our world is much, much richer because of the guys like Zaxon who do these sorts of things.

Be patient like everyone else has, ignore the timeline and be pleasantly surprised when your SIDE shows up in 2013 or whenever.

• Like 1

(...)

Understandable, but trust me, our world is much, much richer because of the guys like Zaxon who do these sorts of things.

Be patient like everyone else has, ignore the timeline and be pleasantly surprised when your SIDE shows up in 2013 or whenever.

Tuffy:

Please, stop blowing up sunshine on Zaxxon's as_s, would you?

Just cut-the-bull, and stick to your own words:

http://www.atariage....ost__p__1934321

F.

(...)

Understandable, but trust me, our world is much, much richer because of the guys like Zaxon who do these sorts of things.

Tuffy:

Please, stop blowing up sunshine on Zaxxon's as_s, would you?

Just cut-the-bull, and stick to your own words:

http://www.atariage....ost__p__1934321

F.

As I specifically mentioned above, I couldn't say the same about everyone I've dealt with (which I put in there expecting you to get furious and go digging).

I've gotten all sorts of stuff from Zaxon, Candle and the gang over the last few years and they are good people. Be patient, stop flaming, and enjoy it when it shows.

Edited by tuf

Good advice.

This really is a NICE piece of hardware, guys.. It's worth the wait.

I do agree that if Zaxxon is unable to coordinate/communicate any better than he has recently, then perhapse he should stop taking orders, and hand the project off to someone who CAN more effectively handle it.

We need this device to make it into the hands of the max number of users, in order to guarantee continued support for it, and it would be a damn shame if this type of thing was to kill it's popularity. Its a damn fine design, and it's potential deserves to be realized.

I would like to personally thank Candle, Drac030, Flashjazzcat, Trub, and Zaxxon for making this thing available.

• Like 2

(...)

I've gotten all sorts of stuff from Zaxon, Candle and the gang over the last few years and they are good people. Be patient, stop flaming, and enjoy it when it shows.

Sure, keep telling that to yourself.

Collective commiseration will never be a replacement for a finished good and/or service.

You are just making things worse for him, instead.

F.

I'd like to personally thank metalguy for looking at my 800xl 3 months ago. maybe one day ill get that back too ;-)

Who says I've looked at it yet? :evil:

I hope people don't start flaming me on here.. heh. Ive got 2 MIOs that a guy paid over $400.00 for, back in 2007, and he has not complained ONCE.... Ive got a 600XL that a guy sent me for some upgrades that's been here even longer than that... And niether person has complained even once... And I don't post status reports to them at all.. Ive built & repaired hundreds of ATARI Items in the last 10-20 years, and 90% of them did not have a fixed time frame.. Some happened quicker than others.. That's the way it is when you are an individual, trying to do work of uncompromised quality.. Your REAL LIFE has to come first.. And some people will understand this because THEY TOO have lives.. And then you've got people like Faicuai..

Sure, keep telling that to yourself.

Collective commiseration will never be a replacement for a finished good and/or service.

You are just making things worse for him, instead.

I shouldn't tell that to myself? I love my SIDE (June order delivered in November) why should I tell myself any different?

You better knock off the silly flame war antics. I'm half tempted to send you mine to avoid having to pwn you :)

You better knock off the silly flame war antics. I'm half tempted to send you mine to avoid having to pwn you :)

I truly appreciate your gesture, but, please, consider shoving it up where it feels more manageable.

You seem to deeply "confuze" the line that separates "pathetic customer service" from "flame wars" . You AIN'T seen war, yet.

F.