IGNORED

Mega Man Powered Up

I cringe at the thought of trying to beat Wily on Hard with my only attack being the patented Boot to Da Head..

That's also still on my ToDo list. What might help a wee bit is that Wily actually shouldn't do his super-attack against Mega. At least I hope so ;)

BTW: To my surprise I figured out a working pattern for the Oilman vs. Fireman battle, so I could already beat him on normal. Not sure if it'll work on hard as well though, since I haven't even managed to just get through the level last night :ponder:

Oh? What might this strategy be? I'm curious (always interesting to hear how to beat a boss you're weak against with that particular boss).

I once noticed Fireman only shoots from a certain distance. If you're getting closer to him, he'll start to run away from you. If you just follow him then, he goes ping pong from left to right without ever shooting. At the corners where he turns, you need to wait a bit until there's enough room to jump over him - and everytime you do that jump, you fire! :grin:

All the while he will still occasionally do his super attack though and that's where things get a lot tougher on hard, but if you survive it you can always force him back into the ping pong pattern. I takes a little practice until you nail the timing but it's worth it :)

(Actually the main problem with Oilman on hard is getting through Firemans level still with a reserve life :ponder:)

How in the bloody hell did you beat Wily on Hard with him?

It took about 30 tries (lives) to beat him. Unfortunately there's no particular trick or strategy, you really need to correctly evade all of his attacks individually. I think biting through the boss runs in challenge mode gave me lots of training for that. If you can beat him on normal, you can do it on hard too, trust me! :)

The Copybot stage was a lot worse to play. I had to complete the boss run 5 times (which took over half an hour each time :ponder:), until I figured out how to beat Copy-Mega on hard.

I'm currently wondering if Roll can beat CWU-01P on hard, since she seems to act slightly slower than Mega.

I decided to not carry over playing this game into the new year, but there's still a few little goals I'll try to achieve before sunday:

- Beat all 39 levels with Roll (Only Copybot and Wily on hard are left.)

- Find all construction packs (I think I'm only missing 2 from Timemans stage and 2 more from Gutsmans.)

- Complete over 80% of levels (2-3% to go)