IGNORED

Street Fighter 2 on A8?

oky2000

You know what would be hilarious...

Make something like the Harmony cart that can create a game at a higher color depth, say 160x192x16 or so, then give it a thorough G2F processing and send it to the Atari at 30fps or so. I bet it would look bizarre seeing "best effort" frames in real time.

When I first saw this topic, I thought it was created by Jose :cool:

Yes, but the post itself misses the 'it's all there' statement together with this link:

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/games-maps/s/StreetFighterII.png

;)

Hmmm, This looks interesting. Now I'm busy. But maybe in a few days I'll look closer at this. ;)

I can't see the horrible spectrum graphics being any use to a colour computer like the A8. IIRC Speccy is 256x192 not 320x192/200 anyway

When I first saw this topic, I thought it was created by Jose :cool:

José Attempt in SFII

José creations are 'Infinite'!...

;)

I first done this...

I saw other screens but just get this one (one's clothes is well defined) and the idea is there to get the large Mans.

The Engine PFs/PMs and PRIOR is there without PF2&PF3 colour clash.

Probably the large soft sprites and cycles will be a problem but something like 25fps. and one guy moving at each 25fps. (or 30fps.) maybe a solution.

Greets.

José Pereira.

I'd just skip it and find something with more playability to be honest - but to be fair I didn't like SF2 in the arcade much either

Funny, it's the ONLY reason to own a SNES in my opinion :P

(Zelda is rubbish, Mario is for people with slow reactions who can't handle Sonic, and Street Racer is better than Mario Kart/F-Zero :lol:)

Sterling work Jose btw :)

I'd just skip it and find something with more playability to be honest - but to be fair I didn't like SF2 in the arcade much either

Funny, it's the ONLY reason to own a SNES in my opinion :P

(Zelda is rubbish, Mario is for people with slow reactions who can't handle Sonic, and Street Racer is better than Mario Kart/F-Zero :lol:)

Sterling work Jose btw :)

really? you never had the joy of thrashing 3 other people in a round of super bomberman with a multitap?

Now that should be listed in the dictionary under 'fun' :)

There was an excellent Amiga Bomberman clone that supported the parallel port joystick interface and it cost £40 less than the SNES cartridge :)

I have a PC Engine with multitap before the SNES which I could have got it on and got bored of by 1992 (but I didn't).

Well it's debatable as to if the SNES classes as 16-bit or not. I'd describe it as 'barely 16-bit'.

Gameplay wise it probably takes less CPU power to drive the logic of a 1-on-1 fighting game - what you do need is a lot of memory for the animation and enough power to throw those graphics around. Arcade machines were fine because you could blow a few hundred on ROMs and nobody would bat an eyelid, console ports were okay because you could drop a few of the frames to cram enough into the more limited ROM and have the chips DMA the stuff about the place like nobodies business... home computers were pretty much screwed.

so the CPU is probably the least of your worries if you have enough memory and reasonable graphics hardware to back it up. I think the C64 might've been able to do it from a cartridge, but that would've made an expensive game and implied taking some care when writing the thing

The other thing that screwed computer versions was the lack of a controller with a sufficient amount of buttons to give control over the player, but I think that is where this genre falls down for me. in other games what you do with the controller maps pretty well to your onscreen performance, but mentally I don't see how something like back-down-right-back-blue-red-yellow matches the act of a spinning roundhouse kick or throwing a fireball.

Edited by sack-c0s

Well it's debatable as to if the SNES classes as 16-bit or not. I'd describe it as 'barely 16-bit'.

Has an 8/16bit CPU like the Apple IIGS. It's quite slow CPU IIRC.

The custom chips are all 16bit though IIRC.

As to whether you need 16bits to play this game then yes, the 8bit versions are very inferior BUT they also give an immense challenge, which is kinda the point. Then again there was never an Archimedes version and ST/Amiga one was a bit rubbish.

And yes controls is part of it for sure. But Mortal Kombat was nowhere near as crap on Amiga as SF2.

Personally on the C64, as commendable as it is, I would rather play Way of the Exploring Fist.