IGNORED

Worthy of the title Adventure III?

Byte Knight

37 members have voted

1. 1. Legal issues aside, is my new Adventure game worthy of the title Adventure III?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe in its finished form.
    • "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I recently released a demo of my next Adventure game that I made with the help of sprite-artist extraordinaire, Pac-Man-Red. It's preliminarily called "Epic Adventure", but not everyone likes the title. Legal issues aside, do you think the game is worthy of the title "Adventure III"?

Click on the above link for more information about the game, and here are some pictures:

post-16548-0-06719400-1311090303_thumb.png

post-16548-0-11389600-1311090318_thumb.jpg

This looks fantastic based on the pictures. Tonight I'll try to download the demo and see what it plays like. What's wrong with "Epic Adventure" as a title? I like that too. It is certainly better than "Quest for the Golden Chalice". :)

"Lord of the Square" ;)

Edited by Cafeman

Naming it Adventure III would be a bold move, as your game would then sequel Adventure 2600 classic.

I'm not opposed to people using good names, but now there are some high expectations you need to live up to :D

Demo is great so far, perhaps once the game is finished and polished up it will be worthy of that title. But for now, Epic Adventure is a good name.

• Like 1

How about calling it Adventure Lords, Lords of Adventure, or something along those lines? :)

Not too bad...

This looks fantastic based on the pictures. Tonight I'll try to download the demo and see what it plays like. What's wrong with "Epic Adventure" as a title? I like that too. It is certainly better than "Quest for the Golden Chalice". :)

"Lord of the Square" ;)

Thanks! I don't mind "Epic Adventure", but several people have stated that it's a little too generic... Great job on Adventure II by the way - my second favorite game behind Adventure!

Edited by Byte Knight

I don't mind "Epic Adventure" either. I see nothing wrong with it myself. I gave you a suggestion based on the possibility you might want a different title and using your own description on your signature. :) You know what? This is your game. You're the one programming it. As far as I'm concerned, you choose what to call it. :)

I would not use Adventure III, but some other name with "Adventure" in it would be fine. Do you have a name for the setting of the game? If it was set in "Bytopia" you could call it "Adventures in Bytopia" that kinda of thing. (and remember where you heard Bytopia first from... ;-) )

I voted "We're not worthy"...I hope that means that the game is so kick ass that we're not worthy, and not that the game is not worthy of being called Adventure III...

-B

Thanks! I'm not sure what it means - I just kept thinking of Wayne's World every time I was typing in "worthy"...

Just played it and as a big Adventure fan I really like it.

I don't know if Adventure III is the best title because it is not so much of a sequel (like Adventure II was) but more of an amazing graphical upgrade with some great new toys and enemies.

More like Adventure 2011 than Adventure III (but Adventure 2011 is an awful title) Kind of like Madden 2002 on the Xbox and you just created Madden 2011 on the 360... but the amazing part is that you created that graphical update and added additional items on the same system. Incredible. Really.

The game is really impressive and I would buy a copy instantly no matter what you name it. Very cool. Congrats on a great job!

More like Adventure 2011 than Adventure III (but Adventure 2011 is an awful title) Kind of like Madden 2002 on the Xbox and you just created Madden 2011 on the 360... but the amazing part is that you created that graphical update and added additional items on the same system. Incredible. Really.

The game is really impressive and I would buy a copy instantly no matter what you name it. Very cool. Congrats on a great job!

Thanks! Adventure '11 does sound like a modern remake for the 360 or Playstation III...

Check out the latest release - I added the Evil Magician boss. No more casual strolls bringing the chalice back to your home castle!

Hey Legend,

I considered that name but I thought it would get confused with my first game. Also, "Evil Magician's Revenge" would be a better title for a game in which you have to defend the chalice from an onslaught of enemies. Hey, another game idea!

Todd

This game looks amazing. but i had to vote no. not because of any worthiness factor, but because it is ,for me, to far removed from the graphical simplicity i loved about adventure.

your game looks awesome and can stand on it's own name and imo it is worthy of this:

post-7438-0-71255900-1311706554_thumb.png

also if your taking suggestions how about Dragonsbane

This game looks amazing. but i had to vote no. not because of any worthiness factor, but because it is ,for me, to far removed from the graphical simplicity i loved about adventure.

your game looks awesome and can stand on it's own name and imo it is worthy of this:

also if your taking suggestions how about Dragonsbane

C'mon, the guy's still blocky! ;)

That picture is really cool... The name is cool too, but the kingdom more belongs to the Evil Magician than the Winged Dragon. The dragon is "under the control" of the Evil Magician.

I think avoiding the word "Adventure" in the title is best. Like has been said earlier, not because of worthiness or copyright, but because the game can stand on it's own and deserves it's own title.

Understandable about the return/revenge confusion. A game playing as the magician and laying traps for the hero would be awesome for "revenge."

The best name so far is easily Adventure Lords. Somebody mock up a box-art using that name.

Personally, I don't think that title really strikes a chord with the game. To me, the word "lords" in the title makes me think of a warfare game. It also implies multiple lords and there only seems to be a lone hero.