IGNORED

EOTB - It's here!

DarkLord

Me too! Gameplay and menu navigation are gradually becoming second nature and now my main challenge is trying not to get lost in these massive dungeons :)

Methinks I'm going to have to map it out, like I did in Dungeon Master and The Bards Tale.

Me too! Gameplay and menu navigation are gradually becoming second nature and now my main challenge is trying not to get lost in these massive dungeons :)

Methinks I'm going to have to map it out, like I did in Dungeon Master and The Bards Tale.

Yeah, I'm going to have to track down some graph paper! Takes me back to the days I spent charting my path through the labrynths of the original Phantasy Star on the Master System...

• 2 weeks later...

Received mine too!

It was very good packed, and marked as gift, so no extra fees for me to pay.

Everything looks great, and the manual is in color too, printed on nice glossy paper.

I just had a very quick play, and this game looks promising.

Thank you, Eric :)

Yes, I agree, it´s a great game :) spent some 4 hours with it today (in fact, my rechargeables went up when I took the final pic). Still on the 1st floor :)

Since I have been so lucky to receive it first in Germany (must be my own Goddess of Fortune in August), Tempest2k asked me to take some pics.

So, a little tour through what was all part of the package (minus the mail cardboard box and two plastic bags in which the game cartridge was held).

Bild_001.jpg

The booklet. Very informative and helpful.

Bild_002.jpg

The pages are slightly uneven but it really doesn´t matter.

Bild_008.jpg

Box flipside and postcard front, which is identical to the box front.

Bild_009.jpg

Booklet page with Eric´s greetings and cartridge front side.

Bild_011.jpg

Cartridge back. The "EOTB"-doorbell sticker is by me, to cover that EPROM.

Bild_013.jpg

Cartridge front. Tried to take picture w/out flashlight, the label would reflect too much.

Bild_004.jpg

The "famous" booklet error number one :D

Bild_006.jpg

And consequently, number two :D

Bild_014.jpg

The game title OK. Well known this one.

Bild_005.jpg

The controls. Important to know.

Eric, thanks a lot again for all your combined work to bring this game to the public :)

Edited by Atari_afternoon

The whole package looks absolutely fantastic! I'm still eagerly awaiting on my delivery... (though living at the "arse-end" on the world it will take longer)

Btw, anyone else in Australia on the list for one, or am i the only one reprezentin? :D

if i recall...you were the only one

The whole package looks absolutely fantastic! I'm still eagerly awaiting on my delivery... (though living at the "arse-end" on the world it will take longer)

Btw, anyone else in Australia on the list for one, or am i the only one reprezentin? :D

if i recall...you were the only one

Sweet, if Serblander doesn't like the game or gets really tired of it, he could sell it and he'd get lots of Lynx fans down under crawling to him for a chance at a really limited production of the game. :D :D

So, is anyone else actually PLAYING this, or did 45 of 50 copies end up as decoration for the shelve?

Personally I am playing, but a bit in trouble. The manual did not mention that you lose health when you have no food left, and hunger is a much greater danger than the enemies. I am on the third of fourth level, just where I can recruit a dwarf warrior NPC.

It´s really fun, but I fear I may have to restart to make it through the floors quicker so I can save more rations.

BTW, I was surprised the game has loading times; when I go to the nextlevel it takes about 10 seconds for it to load! At first I thought my game froze! :P

Edited by 108 Stars

Yes, surely I do, I reported a bit about the gameplay and early experiences and one or two minor spoilers in your German forum but haven´t come beyond level 2 so far (after abt 10 hours of playtime). Since last Thursday I have put the sceptre into someone else´ hands for the time being, expecting him to bring my group with full health and in top condition right to the final and 99% defeated end level opponent :)

Are you still playing without third party help, i.e. maps? (I assume noone knows about ration cheats...)

Well, I am not actively looking at maps while playing (because I don´t have a printer^^), but I did at one point look at some maps to see why I´m stuck. Turned out that there was an area on level 3 where your character seems to run around with no exit once you entered. Turns out that there are places on the floor that turn your character around, and it is not visible with the in-game graphics; you only notice it when you keep looking at the compass, and that it changes direction.

About the food: No cheats afaik, it seems people with the computer version regularly edited the game files to cheat. Not possible on Lynx.

:(

Guess you all didn't play much Dungeon Master on the ST...all of these

things (food requirements, tiles that redirect you, etc) are standard

tactics. :)

PS One of the best parts, IMHO, was when the Gremlin came up and stole

a piece of equipment right out of your characters hands! :D

I am playing it once a while, but currently I'm too occupied with graduating. Can only repeat though, this game is awesome!!!

My party consists of a male warrior, an elf ranger, a gnome cleric and an half-elf mage.

So to deal with the ration/food problem, its suggested to have a cleric in your party. When it reaches a certain level, you can pray for food, and the whole ration thing won't be a problem anymore. There's really no need to cheat when you have a cleric around.

The only thing should be taken into account is when you encounter the poisonous spiders around floor 5. Try to kill them at distance at all costs, and whenever you are in melee combat with them, be sure to check out if someone got poisoned. If so, reload the game. If not, save game. The poison can be cured, but there's only a few of those potions to be found, and a bit too much stress to get them anyway.

It's also handy to have a gnome in your party, because they can read certain hints throughout the dungeons which nobody else can read.

There's more hints I could give, but I think its more fun to find them out for yourself the hard way :D

Hope this helps!

Edited by Ninjabba

i never noticed losing health because of no food because I had Cleric.

I believe the Mage has a spell to cure poison.

there is a rations trick. but it is actually a special quest for a level.

Also... i never used anything but my front 2 players to attack enemies. the others (mage and cleric) were for spells and healing my party. ocassionally my mage threw an attack at someone. not often though

I do have a cleric, but so far he can not pray for food I think.

He has a healing spell, but when I rest it does not recover; maybe I would have to give him more rations to recover the spell, but I´m low on them so I can´t afford that.

My party consists of a human Paladin, a dwarfen warrior, a half-elven mage and a cleric (forgot race).

The mage has never been used so far because the battles were easy and I kind of didn´t bother to find out how his magic works. The cleric only healed party members once and is unused otherwise.

Notable is that the game actually has a timer. At first I thought I would lose health when I have no food based on the number of steps I walk; but I tested and let my party idle for a few minutes and they still lost health. So there is really an invisible clock in the game.

Edited by 108 Stars

I do have a cleric, but so far he can not pray for food I think.

He has a healing spell, but when I rest it does not recover; maybe I would have to give him more rations to recover the spell, but I´m low on them so I can´t afford that.

My party consists of a human Paladin, a dwarfen warrior, a half-elven mage and a cleric (forgot race).

The mage has never been used so far because the battles were easy and I kind of didn´t bother to find out how his magic works. The cleric only healed party members once and is unused otherwise.

Notable is that the game actually has a timer. At first I thought I would lose health when I have no food based on the number of steps I walk; but I tested and let my party idle for a few minutes and they still lost health. So there is really an invisible clock in the game.

your party must sleep to get new spells and recharge the old one.