IGNORED

Hi. I'm new.

Bomberhead

jag%20collection.JPG

I've always wanted a Jaguar, Mainly because i had never seen one in person. Unless you count the time i made the decision to buy a Sega CD instead of one of the $25 Jaguars that Toys'R'Us had in a massive stack on the floor back when i was 13. I finally got around to getting one on Craigslist and the unit was practically brand new. I started looking around for Jag stuff, it was a bit harder than expected. but over the past couple months i was able to pick up things here and there. I most recently got the CD unit for $30 and a few games for it. Oh, and Defender 2000 still in the shrink wrap for $10. I think i payed about $150 for everything you see here. i am totally pleased with this system and the quality of the games on it. the FMV games blow 3do and Scd out of the water and the frame rate on the FPS games is wonderful. I think the only other game i would like to ad to my collection is Zool 2. and it doesnt seem to be a hard game to get on the cheap.

Any games that i don't have that i should look into getting?

• Like 2

Awesome start man! I'm new to the Jaguar as well. I wanted one back in 1994 when I was 9; I finally got it about 4 weeks ago.

That was a steal on Defender 2000, wow! I am trying to find myself a copy. A local store here in Dallas has it for 39, but it is just the cartridge.

Hopefully one of these days someone will find the thousand(s) copies of Defender 2000 in some warehouse so the damn price will go down haha.

• Like 2

Nice start and great bargain especially with a CD. The CD usually is more than you paid for everything.

Everybody is going to have their favorites they'll suggest. For me I think you need to put Rayman and Tempest on your list of games to buy.

I would also go to Reboot and download a free copy of Downfall. Absolutely a blast to play. You'll need a PC with a CD burner.

I always thought there was something wrong with Zool 2, couldn't quite put my finger on it and then it hit me. The Jag version plays way too fast! That little ant and his GF sure are spazzes. lol Seriously, compared to other versions I've played (Amiga mainly), the extra speed kinda/sorta ruins the game play. It did for me anyway.

You're off to a great start, but some games you'll want to pursue down the road might be:

AvP

Atari Karts

Battlemorph

Breakout 2000

I-War*

Kasumi Ninja*

Dino Dudes*

Missile Command 3D

Power Drive Rally

Rayman

Zero 5

Trevor McFur

...and Songbird's titles. Especially Protector or Protector S.E. if you're really into Defender type games.

*denotes not exactly the most popular titles in the Jag's library, but I like 'em real well, have a great "next-gen" look and feel about 'em (in a Jaguar sense maybe) and are relatively easy to find.

Nice start and great bargain especially with a CD. The CD usually is more than you paid for everything.

Everybody is going to have their favorites they'll suggest. For me I think you need to put Rayman and Tempest on your list of games to buy.

I would also go to Reboot and download a free copy of Downfall. Absolutely a blast to play. You'll need a PC with a CD burner.

Ive got tempest. Its hard but fun. And i think i am gong to pass on rayman unless i find it at a yard sale for cheap or something. i was never a fan of that game. thank you though. i have already filled a cd wallet with burned games. havent gotten around to playing downfall yet though. but its burned and ready to go.

AvP

Atari Karts

Battlemorph

Breakout 2000

I-War*

Kasumi Ninja*

Dino Dudes*

Missile Command 3D

Power Drive Rally

Rayman

Zero 5

Trevor McFur

I have AvP and Kasumi Ninja. You can see them up there in the picture. i will keep my eyes out for the rest on your list. atari karts looks fun.

The JagCD for $30 is an absolute steal. Great collection. Zool 2 is a very solid platformer that plays like Sonic with the added ability of shooting. If you're a fan of platformers I can't see how you could be disappointed in picking it up given it's price.

Since you have a Jag make sure you give the High Score Club club that Austin is running a look. We could always use more participants.

Wow, $150 for everything in that picture is amazing. You have at least $300 worth of stuff there.

As for what games you should get, I would recommend NBA Jam if you are into sports games at all. The Jaguar version is widely accepted as the best version available for any system.

This is an awesome collection. With what the jag cd players go for these days you got a steal on it. I see you have the basic of jaguar collections and I mean that in a good way you have the essentials it seems. I love wolfenstein for the Jag so you are covered there. As for recommending any games save 2600 got that covered. Welcome to the scene good luck with your collecting.

Thanks guys. :D I'm not sure how Piracy is viewed upon here, but it seems that most PAL .iso's can be burned and played on an NTSC/U cd unit. But a few i have found don't work. if im not breaking any rules, would it be ok for someone to point me in the direction of a torrent maybe? Thanks :D

Thanks guys. :D I'm not sure how Piracy is viewed upon here, but it seems that most PAL .iso's can be burned and played on an NTSC/U cd unit. But a few i have found don't work. if im not breaking any rules, would it be ok for someone to point me in the direction of a torrent maybe? Thanks :D

Think you should probably find it the other way around. NTSC tends to be better supported than PAL. DragonsLair crashes (IIRC) on a PAL Unit. And I think Braindead 13 is a bit off with it's timings.

There is no region locking on the Jag so the carts and discs are the same regardless of country.

Sorry I cannot help you out with a torrent or ISOs I am afriad.