IGNORED

Vintage games on Pawnstars, Auction Hunters, ETC

Oh my god that guy is retarded. "This is the first Nintendo DS ever made. The last one went in the internet with 5 games for $13000". Just another idiot reseller with absolutely no idea what the hell he's talking about. I see them at flea markets all the time and I just laugh at them. I had a guy say, just to prove me wrong, he would buy an Atari 2600 off me for $500. Unfortunately at the time I didn't have a second system and neither did any of the Play-N-Trades around here. Of course he's long gone now.

For 500 dollar i would have sold him my last 2600. For that amount of money i could have bought me enough systems back, even h6ers.

• Like 1

Found a fragment of the storage wars show on youtube, what a complete idiot. But the shop owner didn't know that much either. At least he could have said that a plain nes wasn't worth much more then $10 dollars from start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4FV512vPHQ

Never saw that show before. But dang. it's kind of nice to see that guy's ignorance brought out. I'm almost embarrassed for him.

Found a fragment of the storage wars show on youtube, what a complete idiot. But the shop owner didn't know that much either. At least he could have said that a plain nes wasn't worth much more then $10 dollars from start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4FV512vPHQ

wow what a bunch of dumbshits. I say research something before spitting random shit out and getting laughed at on the internet.

• 5 months later...

A recent episode showed one of the regulars finding an SNES, complete in box (or, at least, the box). He casually announced that it was easily worth $200, before he moved on to other stuff in the locker.

It makes me question the value that gets assigned to all of the other stuff (e.g. tools, jewlery, furniture); does any of this stuff ever get re-sold for what they think it's worth?

A recent episode showed one of the regulars finding an SNES, complete in box (or, at least, the box). He casually announced that it was easily worth $200, before he moved on to other stuff in the locker.

It makes me question the value that gets assigned to all of the other stuff (e.g. tools, jewlery, furniture); does any of this stuff ever get re-sold for what they think it's worth?

I've seen that one and I've said the same thing - these guys just pull numbers out of a hat because its good for the shows ratings. Imagine if the entire series was filled with $1, $2 or $5 items, which many of them actually are. Wouldn't get as much draw. So a $60 or $80 boxed SNES suddenly becomes a $200 boxed SNES.

• Like 1

Storage locker auctions have become a HUGE thing due to the shows that have popped up in the last few years. All you see are the incredible easy money scores you can make so why doesn't everyone just take their life savings and blow it at auction? You can see right there on the TV you're guaranteed to make a fortune!!! Of course what you don't see are the 98% of lockers they buy that are filled with nothing by garbage. People are soooooo gullible these days.

• Like 1

This whole reseller show thing is just one big fad. So many people watch Storage Wars Pawn Stars and the countless other reseller shows to know what to look out for. But they don't realize that the estimates are always way over what the stuff is actully worth, and these people pulling numbers out of there a## have no idea what there talking about. So a lot of people are out there buying every piece of junk and storage locker they see thinking there going to make a fortune, only to find out they just threw their money away. If you have a lot of money to "invest" just buy something you want instead, don't waste it. The sooner people realize that the better. All these shows and reseller wannabes do is just make the prices go up, and make collecting harder. Because of things like Darrell Sheets saying SNES is worth $200, and all of these overpriced BINs on ebay. It's starting to get hard to find decent deals outside of ebay, because people just choose to sell there stuff on there, or ask outrageous prices for stuff. This fad will probably blow over soon, I really hope it does. Seriously how much longer can these shows last?

• Like 1

This whole reseller show thing is just one big fad. So many people watch Storage Wars Pawn Stars and the countless other reseller shows to know what to look out for. But they don't realize that the estimates are always way over what the stuff is actully worth, and these people pulling numbers out of there a## have no idea what there talking about. So a lot of people are out there buying every piece of junk and storage locker they see thinking there going to make a fortune, only to find out they just threw their money away. If you have a lot of money to "invest" just buy something you want instead, don't waste it. The sooner people realize that the better. All these shows and reseller wannabes do is just make the prices go up, and make collecting harder. Because of things like Darrell Sheets saying SNES is worth $200, and all of these overpriced BINs on ebay. It's starting to get hard to find decent deals outside of ebay, because people just choose to sell there stuff on there, or ask outrageous prices for stuff. This fad will probably blow over soon, I really hope it does. Seriously how much longer can these shows last?

Here's something for perspective. I heard today that Survivor is now on season 24. I watched half of season 1 before getting tired of it. But apparently there is a big enough crowd still watching.

I'm sure there are plenty of "serious" collectors out there who hold these shows as the gospel, and will continue to watch until they die. It only took me a couple of shows to see how messed up they are, and I haven't watched one since.

Take anything you watch on TV with a grain of salt. If common sense seems lacking, chances are, it is.

• Like 1

Just Hit the A&E for the episodes available this week, and also just looked at this thread today as well. What a coincidence.

The very rare Storage Wars "San Burrito-001" epsiode worth 13k... errr $10 is on for a few days. Watch it in full while you can!

http://www.aetv.com/storage-wars/video/?bcpid=753904050001&bclid=901962281001&bctid=1096045289001

Just Hit the A&E for the episodes available this week, and also just looked at this thread today as well. What a coincidence.

The very rare Storage Wars "San Burrito-001" epsiode worth 13k... errr $10 is on for a few days. Watch it in full while you can!

http://www.aetv.com/...d=1096045289001

uuuugh that nes-001 part... uh my fucking gosh. it makes me want to hit my head against a wall. His expertise my ass. there is no words that describe the stupidity of this moment. and btw, its not an nds x(

Last night on a new Pawn Stars a lady brought in something like 4 Game and Watch games. I was kind of in the middle of something so I didn't see exaclty what they were and how much she ended up selling them for, if she even did. I did hear that she was asking like $400 or $500 for them, and I think Corey countered first at $100, then he may have upped it a bit. I really wish I had been able to watch that part uninterupted, though I'm sure it will be on again!

There was a storage wars episode on over the weekend (not sure if re-run) where they found a Ms. Pac machine. It was in very bad shape and they were upset the operator wouldn't give them more than $150 for it. So... get this, they "restored" it by repainting and applying new sideart and sold it to a "collector" for $1300. They didn't restore the board, coin mech, control panel, or put the correct color t-molding on it.

Of course, I call BS at $1300. The guy even mentioned it was decals and not stenciling, and still "appeared" to pay that price.

Last night on a new Pawn Stars a lady brought in something like 4 Game and Watch games. I was kind of in the middle of something so I didn't see exaclty what they were and how much she ended up selling them for, if she even did. I did hear that she was asking like $400 or $500 for them, and I think Corey countered first at $100, then he may have upped it a bit. I really wish I had been able to watch that part uninterupted, though I'm sure it will be on again!

The one last night with the game & watches ticked me off! I typically like Pawn Stars and think they're for the most part above board on their honesty. Last night did not show that side. Cory (the son) offered the woman $150 for 6 Nintendo Game & Watch units. One was still in box. He eventually came up to $250 which she took. His reasoning to her was that it would take a while to sell, they're too new to really be collectible, etc. After she took the money and left he started bragging about how many gamers come into Vegas and he could easily resell them for $100 each.

Ok, I understand you are in business to make money and clear profit. That's fine, just don't screw over your customers and brag about it on camera. I lost a LOT of respect for him and his business ethics in that show.

The one last night with the game & watches ticked me off! I typically like Pawn Stars and think they're for the most part above board on their honesty. Last night did not show that side. Cory (the son) offered the woman $150 for 6 Nintendo Game & Watch units. One was still in box. He eventually came up to $250 which she took. His reasoning to her was that it would take a while to sell, they're too new to really be collectible, etc. After she took the money and left he started bragging about how many gamers come into Vegas and he could easily resell them for $100 each.

Ok, I understand you are in business to make money and clear profit. That's fine, just don't screw over your customers and brag about it on camera. I lost a LOT of respect for him and his business ethics in that show.

That isn't suprising. All of the guys except Chum Lee seem pretty arogant and like the type that would lie in someones face to rip them off. Which is exactly what he did last night.

They do need to make profit. But like you said they shouldn't screw over people and brag about it. They can make profit honestly, but a lot of times choose not to.

Things like last nights episode only give people the wrong idea, and make the already not so cheap Game and Watch market skyrocket. Because some know it all on the tv said they were worth more than they were.