Red Sea Crossing Ad

185 replies to this topic

#176 pangasinan OFFLINE  

pangasinan

River Patroller

• 3,298 posts

Posted Wed Sep 7, 2011 5:17 PM

never mind.

Edited by pangasinan, Wed Sep 7, 2011 5:19 PM.

#177 Godzilla OFFLINE  

Godzilla

Quadrunner

• 6,794 posts

Posted Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:23 AM

constantly changing holy grails.... glad I have my personal holy grail (chuck wagon,) and glad my personal holy grail occurred during a time period when holy grails were not one-of-a-kinds :)

#178 else OFFLINE  

else

Dragonstomper

• 964 posts

Posted Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:56 AM

Anyone else notice that the term "holy grail" is actually a very fitting expression now that we have a super-rare biblical Atari 2600 game?

#179 Miss 2600 OFFLINE  

Miss 2600

River Patroller

• 2,438 posts

Posted Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:31 PM

OK, now that the existence of this game has been verified beyond reasonable doubt, what's going to happen with the game??? I'd like to see some one buy it who will get it dumped and released because I want to play it!

#180 Zach OFFLINE  

Zach

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,620 posts

Posted Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:42 PM

OK, now that the existence of this game has been verified beyond reasonable doubt, what's going to happen with the game??? I'd like to see some one buy it who will get it dumped and released because I want to play it!

So do a lot of us. :) I hope nagn2 keeps us posted.

#181 Crazy Climber OFFLINE  

Crazy Climber

Crazy Climberer

• 12,174 posts
  • Metamuciler

Posted Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:54 AM

So Nagn2, is this game for sale again?

#182 Zach OFFLINE  

Zach

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,620 posts

Posted Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:34 PM

Nagn2 has not usually been this quiet. Perhaps his silence is a sign that there is a deal in progress? I hope so.

#183 Waggie OFFLINE  

Waggie

Dragonstomper

• 755 posts

Posted Tue Aug 7, 2012 2:40 PM

Here's some more info that may or may not be useful on the company listed as the copyright holder for the Dale Evans Rogers recording, Entertainment Marketing Company, Inc.

I kept looking at California records and was getting nothing. I decided to look at Delaware and a company by that name shows up with a start date of 10/28/82. The registration agent is another Delaware company that appears to still exist, but it looks like an entity that just assists out of state companies. The strange thing is that it says EMCI is a Nevada company, but I couldn't find anything in that state.

Searching the U.S. copyright database turns up about 1,700 different recordings under their name. Searching the U.S. trademark database turned up the EMCI name that expired on 12/13/90. It also listed the agent as an attorney named Craig Mordoh from Santa Monica CA who appears to still be practicing. His work number is listed as (310) 453-6774 and he started in 1978.

The next item that turned up in my searches was the most interesting. There were several lawsuits where the IRS claimed that individuals that invested in EMCI had improperly accounted for the transactions and owed back taxes. At least one of the cases describes how the company described their business model of leasing recording master tapes to others. It also mentions a investing brochure that was circulated in 1982 that mentioned all of the stars they supposedly had recordings of. The case makes it sound like this may have been a sham as the investor had never seen any of the things he was leasing.

I'm starting to think the recording doesn't exist. Maybe someone near the lawyer can see if he is willing to share anything. It would be great to talk to Steve Schustack, but it seems he isn't willing based on comments posted here.

#184 Pioneer4x4 OFFLINE  

Pioneer4x4

River Patroller

• 2,052 posts
  • Atari + R.O.B. = Completed

Posted Tue Aug 7, 2012 4:38 PM

All interesting information. What a bunch of crap legal documents are.

#185 Random Terrain ONLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 28,779 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Thu Mar 8, 2018 12:00 PM

Has anyone searched issues of Christian magazines that were published before October 1983? If so, was October 1983 the earliest this game was advertised?

#186 pacman000 OFFLINE  

pacman000

Stargunner

• 1,325 posts

Posted Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:26 AM

That's a good question...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users