IGNORED

Season #2 - Game #11 Lock 'n Chase

cparsley

doubt any scores will come in last day (expect mine I havent been able to post on her for some stupid reason with my laptop)... Vote away :)

Spin the wheel of chance, whatever comes up is fine with me, but I do think at some point DK Arcade should be played, even if just as a sort of bonus round.

patbb asked:

Looks like I will not get 100k.

I'm curious, what happen when you start a game after you brooke the 100k?

Answer: The game starts with the bonus whistle going off, automatically forcing you into the top speed (if you had tried to start at any lower speed, it auto kicks you to the top speed (white). In addition, the cops are more direct and agressive to the players, preventing any current pattern you may have devised from working :) It's a miracle with the 4-6k (depending on which LNC you play with) to get this in there as well, a true programming marvel.

I've tried starting the game a few times this week after breaking 100K and each time the bonus whistle went off straight away, but other than that I didn't notice any real difference to the usual game played at top speed. The cops didn't seem to be any smarter and my patterns still worked as normal. :?

patbb asked:

Looks like I will not get 100k.

I'm curious, what happen when you start a game after you brooke the 100k?

Answer: The game starts with the bonus whistle going off, automatically forcing you into the top speed (if you had tried to start at any lower speed, it auto kicks you to the top speed (white). In addition, the cops are more direct and agressive to the players, preventing any current pattern you may have devised from working :) It's a miracle with the 4-6k (depending on which LNC you play with) to get this in there as well, a true programming marvel.

I've tried starting the game a few times this week after breaking 100K and each time the bonus whistle went off straight away, but other than that I didn't notice any real difference to the usual game played at top speed. The cops didn't seem to be any smarter and my patterns still worked as normal. :?

Are you getting an extra Lupin at the start ... since this is the sound for an extra life!

• 7 months later...

Amazing score gezkc :thumbsup:

Thanks patbb :)

I'll try it again later this week - I want to give cparsley's challenge a go. I didn't realise things changed if you restarted a game after reaching 100,000!

Incidentally, does anyone know how the Twingalaxies high score for Lock n Chase is 888,000?! How's that even possible? :?

I've made it to the heart level with 6 lives and never could finish it once. But seeing this inspired me to test the Save State/Restore State features on Nostalgia (ie "cheat"). I completed the heart level about a dozen times when at 300,000, the score wraps to 0. So I took my screenshot of level 10 with 2 lives left and a lowly score of 10,470 (plus 300k). At least I can be satisfied knowing there is an end, sort of.

Next is "Burger Time" or dare I say "Night Stalker"

Thanks for hosting these throwback threads!