IGNORED

Forum Upgrade to 3.2

Albert

Yay, "My Content" is updating again for me too, and it's even listing all the threads I had posted in since the forum upgrade. I don't know how much manual labor that required of you, Albert, but whatever it was, it's appreciated. Thank you!

Invision did most of the work, and the main reason it wasn't working was something I inadvertently screwed up. :ponder:

..Al

I really like the new upgrade, but when we click on our name at the top of the screen there is a subscreen that opens. I wish it had an option to see everyone's posts from that subscreen. If I click on anyones small icon pictures I would like to have that linked to their posts instead of having to go to their profile and then searching through their posts that way....less clicks equals more pleasure!

Biggest issue in my opinion is the attachments icon that you can click to view all attachments in the thread... is that missing? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

Fortunately someone wrote a hook that adds this functionality back. I've installed it and it seems to work fine, although I need to replace the actual paperclip icon with the one from the old skin, and put some space between the clip and the title. I'll do that tonight.

..Al

Yay, "My Content" is updating again for me too, and it's even listing all the threads I had posted in since the forum upgrade. I don't know how much manual labor that required of you, Albert, but whatever it was, it's appreciated. Thank you!

Invision did most of the work, and the main reason it wasn't working was something I inadvertently screwed up. :ponder:

..Al

Well to be honest.. "Content I follow" still works better than "My content" link. Case in point.

As of 1 minute ago, this is "My content"

post-31-0-08077300-1318537556_thumb.jpg

And this is "Content I follow"

post-31-0-81969900-1318537606_thumb.jpg

The "Content I follow" link correctly shows there's a reply from 1:09 this morning on the "Apple 2 users" thread. And it shows all the threads I participated in and sorts it by time/date.

Using "My Content", that "Apple 2 users" thread is sorted to the 2nd page for some reason, behind many threads that haven't had a post in days. Go figure. :)

Has anyone figured out how to block or ignore forums? I haven't been able to find that feature since the 'upgrade.'

I explained how to do that here earlier in this thread:

http://www.atariage....ost__p__2375101

I assume that's what you're looking for?

Yep, that's it. Thanks.

So now we select what we want to see instead of selecting what we want to block.

So now we select what we want to see instead of selecting what we want to block.

Yes, that is correct. The previous "Block Forums" functionality was a third-party modification, not something built into the software. Invision apparently decided to go the other way when adding this feature to the forum.

..Al

I noticed something last night. When using the mobile interface (on an iPhone) the threads will say 'Last updated on 12459023429' or some other long string of numbers.

Looks like this bug has already been reported and fixed--I'll try to fix it here so we don't have to wait for the next release of the software (I've already asked Invision to supply the fix (which is surely trivial), but I may have to dig it up myself..)

..Al

Do you know what happened to the extra padding or margin below quoted posts? There used to be a nice chunk of white space between the bottom of the quote and text, but now text is hugging the bottom of quotes. Example:

I like pizza-flavored cotton candy.

That's disgusting!

The problem with the forum sometimes taking a long time to load when you click on an individual forum (such as "Atari 2600" from the main forum index) has been resolved. Much faster now. With Invision's help we've identified some other slow queries and I'm going to investigate them to see what I can do.

..Al

• 2 years later...

Before the last upgrade (two upgrades ago), you had to use the media tag to embed a video. Then Invision had the bright idea to turn any YouTube text link into an embedded video. Once that happened, all plain old text links to YouTube got turned into embedded videos, including YouTube text links in signatures.

Hi, anybody know how I can post youtube videos as clickable links in my posts(because I want to reference a comment in a video) and have it NOT show up as an embedded video? in the post. I have seen people put the youtube video link as

http://youtu.be.com

with the dot between the u & b but it doesn't work that way for me tho. Any ideas?

Edited by ovalbugmann