IGNORED

HSC Round 4.5: Mr. Do! Double Header

VectorGamer

Mr. Do!'s Castle

Mr Do!, the clown, moves around six floors interconnected by ladders -- some fixed, some whose top can be pushed left or right. Baddies look like unicorns. He has a hammer which can knock out floor stones.

Game Information

Game Name: Mr. Do's Castle [set 1]

Released By: Universal, 1983

MAME ROMset: DoCastle

Dip Switches: Difficulty: 2; Advance Level on Getting D: Off; Difficulty of Extra: Difficult; Lives: 3

Chosen By: LarcenTyler

ROM Location:

Competition ends Sunday, October 2 @ 12PM EDT

Leaderboard

1. 962,260 richard stewart

2. 67,720 Cynicaster

3. 49,760 patbb

4. 48,600 bigbee99

5. 43,020 M.A.M.E Offender

6. 32,200 roadrunner

7. 17,940 mr. toast

8. 6,260 LarcenTyler

Mr. Do!'s Wild Ride

Mr Do!, the clown, runs along a rollercoaster track, which loops around the screen, attempting to reach the goal. He must avoid on-coming cars moving down the track by climbing ladders. Pick up cherries and flags for additional bonuses. Played against the clock.

Game Information

Game Name: Mr. Do's Wild Ride

Released By: Universal, 1984

MAME ROMset: DoWild

Dip Switches: Difficulty: 1 [beginner]; Difficulty of Extra: Easy; Special: Given; Lives: 3

Chosen By: Barra

ROM Location:

AtariAge Arcade/MAME HSC World Record: 14,810 roadrunner

Competition ends Sunday, October 2 @ 12PM EDT

Leaderboard

1. 48,483 bigbee99

2. 42,728 M.A.M.E Offender

3. 40,555 patbb

4. 35,635 Cynicaster

5. 28,739 JohnnyBlaze

6. 21,725 roadrunner

7. 16,297 mr. toast

8. 13,553 LarcenTyler

Season Standings

Calculations through round 4

1. bigbee99 106

2. patbb 74

3. Cynicaster 60

4. M.A.M.E Offender 59

4. mr. toast 54

6. kojr 39

6. keilbaca 39

8. roadrunner 24

9. LarcenTyler 6

10. JohnnyBlaze 4

10. retrorussell 4

10. rmaerz 4

Edited by rmaerz

I'm still on my European work-vacation but hopefully I can find some time to devote to these games on my travel MAME rig. I had an improved Mappy score last night but unfortunately the cheap-o hotel I was staying at outside of Venice didn't have internet and for some reason my Blackberry doesn't like the new forum layout and won't let me read or post messages on AA.

On an unrelated note, if I see ONE more European dude with a faux-hawk and popped collar, he's getting a punch in the dick. :)

Whoa!! The fourth board kicked the crap out of me.

There is some memorization to it. But even then, there are some random elements to the game that can generate impossible scenarios sometimes. I peaked at 67k when TGI had this game as one of their Decathlon games. There were some scores just over 100k though.

I am irritated with the games this week already lol. Not that I've put a lot of time in them already, they are just not my cup of tea. I do have a small Do's Castle improvement though.

B

post-3346-0-22086400-1317160278.png

Would've been higher, but using the X-Arcade with these 4-way games are a pain sometimes because it'll get "stuck"....

BTW, is it just me or does it seem like we ALL get stuck on stage three in Wild Ride?

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

BTW, is it just me or does it seem like we ALL get stuck on stage three in Wild Ride?

I personally think that level 3 is the easiest.

-You take the most right elevator up one level and go up the ladder, on the left, to avoid the car(s).

-Then you take the same elevator to the next level, move left, avoid the cars and take the first elevator (the one completely the left) and go down 1 level. (Here make sure that no car are coming your way before going down.)

-Then you go left and follow the path to the Goal.

Here's how I do round 3

I also did a clip for round 4 and 5

I couldn't do a quick video of round 6. I am still having trouble with it sometimes. I can't remember how I did it before. My 48k run did end on round 6 but I was lucky with a special on Round 1 which gives 10k

B

Would've been higher, but using the X-Arcade with these 4-way games are a pain sometimes because it'll get "stuck"....

What you need to do is to change the joystick to a 4/8 way stick.

Stick that you should use ... that's the one I use (but not on a x-arcade).

http://www.ultimarc.com/controls.html

post-25394-0-22145400-1317386044_thumb.jpg

how to do it video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jeZe_w4OfA

Edited by patbb

What you need to do is to change the joystick to a 4/8 way stick.

Stick that you should use ... that's the one I use (but not on a x-arcade).

http://www.ultimarc.com/controls.html

post-25394-0-22145400-1317386044_thumb.jpg

how to do it video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jeZe_w4OfA

The only thing with that is most of the games I play are 8 way. Makes to sense to open it up and flip it around every time I need to play a four way game.....