IGNORED

ColecoVision/Adam Super Donkey Kong and Super DK Junior CIB for the Adam

RelliK111

I would love a other limited run of Ghost n Zombies in the arcade style box :lust: :lust: :lust: I have still yet to play this game (only because I can't get my hands on it) and I have heard Ghost n Zombies is talked about being one of the Greatest ColecoVision games ever made for the system. I have watched lots of video on it and I really wish I could play this. Cost would not matter for me, it would be a instant BUY! So what do think can you make this happen PLEASE :grin: :grin: :grin:

You'll have to beg the author (Youki) ...... cause there's nothing I could do without Youki's permission

But I don't think he's interested to make another run ...... sadly for those who missed it :(

Ok Please Youki :grin: :grin: :grin:!!! I think this needs to happen. My thing is if you did a limited run of Ghost n Zombies in the arcade style box not only will the people that missed it gets a chance to get it but I would think lots of people that already own the game right now would probably buy another just for the super cool arcade style box. It would really fit with Ghost n Zombies! I can just imagine it :grin: :grin: :grin: PLLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASEEEE YOUKI I'm dying for a chance to play this game and this would be so cool! :grin:

I would love a other limited run of Ghost n Zombies in the arcade style box :lust: :lust: :lust: I have still yet to play this game (only because I can't get my hands on it) and I have heard Ghost n Zombies is talked about being one of the Greatest ColecoVision games ever made for the system. I have watched lots of video on it and I really wish I could play this. Cost would not matter for me, it would be a instant BUY! So what do think can you make this happen PLEASE :grin: :grin: :grin:

I'll trade you CIB Ghosts & Zombies for the CIB DK & DK Jr. SuperGames and a hefty sum of cash! :twisted:

Nah, just kidding. Isn't it amazing that two 27 year old games just might be easier to come by than a Homebrew game that's only 2 years old. In order to finally get my G&Z, I had to buy a large CIB collection that sent me down the very expensive path of trying to complete a CV CIB collection.

Those SuperGame boxes are just so damn cool which makes the trade thought very tempting.

I would haft to think about to be honest ;) , for G & Z and Pyramid Warp & Battleship Clapton II I most likely would do that :ahoy: Those are the 2 homebrews that I have had lots of trouble trying to get.

You'll have to beg the author (Youki) ...... cause there's nothing I could do without Youki's permission

But I don't think he's interested to make another run ...... sadly for those who missed it :(

Ok Please Youki :grin: :grin: :grin:!!! I think this needs to happen. My thing is if you did a limited run of Ghost n Zombies in the arcade style box not only will the people that missed it gets a chance to get it but I would think lots of people that already own the game right now would probably buy another just for the super cool arcade style box. It would really fit with Ghost n Zombies! I can just imagine it :grin: :grin: :grin: PLLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASEEEE YOUKI I'm dying for a chance to play this game and this would be so cool! :grin:

My bad.... you're out of luck since Youki hate those "arcade style" boxes with a passion ;) :D

You'll have to find another idea if you want to convince Youki to go on

Seriously.... I think this won't going to happen anytime soon :(

post-27857-0-10598200-1317426488_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-44403700-1317426641_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-69128000-1317426664_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-75384500-1317426682_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-10151700-1317426368_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine showed me these games he was selling and I have never seen a box like this before for the Colecovision Adam. I was blown away!! I had to have them! He was going to put it up on ebay and was wanting kind of a lot. I saw that NIAD has them both listed as R7 but I don't know if that is with a box or not. Well after thinking about it all night I said screw it and got them. I hope I got a good deal but either way I love them. He said he had a Zaxxon one but he already sold that one :_(

Anyways I hope you guys like the pictures :grin:

Pretty awesome. I ordered my super DKJ from Coleco back in the day.

Edited by 65Gamerguy
  • Like 1

Heh, Gamerguy. You just made me think about it.. I'd bought my copies originals in the 80's from NIAD. :) I wanna say they were like $9.95 at the time.

I ordered mine directly from Coleco but I don't remember what it cost back then. I thought it was cool that you could order directly from them.

I could be wrong but I think that was the only way to get those back then. I was told that they where not sold in stores. Maybe someone verfi that for me :ahoy:

I could be wrong but I think that was the only way to get those back then. I was told that they where not sold in stores. Maybe someone verfi that for me :ahoy:

All three of these SuperGames were sold in stores throughout the U.S., Canada and most likely England as well. In fact, all Coleco released software for the ADAM was available to purchase in stores, it's just that some titles like SimpleCalc (not ADAMCalc) and disk versions of a number of titles were EXTREMELY hard to come by unless you lived in the Northeastern part of the United States... and even then there were no guarantees.

• Like 1

All three of these SuperGames were sold in stores throughout the U.S., Canada and most likely England as well. In fact, all Coleco released software for the ADAM was available to purchase in stores, it's just that some titles like SimpleCalc (not ADAMCalc) and disk versions of a number of titles were EXTREMELY hard to come by unless you lived in the Northeastern part of the United States... and even then there were no guarantees.

That's interesting! Thanks for the info :cool:

Heh, Gamerguy. You just made me think about it.. I'd bought my copies originals in the 80's from NIAD. :) I wanna say they were like $9.95 at the time.

I ordered mine directly from Coleco but I don't remember what it cost back then. I thought it was cool that you could order directly from them.

I think they were available to some degree. I seem to remember buying DK and Zaxxon but having to order DKJR from Coleco.

While I can backup NIAD on the retail availability, it's hard for me to believe that as deep as I was into the Coleco and Adam scene, I still hadn't heard of SimpleCalc until recently (my past few years here on AA)!

Yeah, SimpleCalc was a hum-dinger of a surprise the first time I read the post about it on here as I never saw it back in the day and must have overlooked it in Coleco literature thinking that it was an early version of ADAMCalc.

As far as the other officially released ADAM Software that came complete in a box with manual, the only two that I never saw in stores around Chicagoland were the disk versions of Super Zaxxon and Dragon's Lair. I definetly bought the DK, DK Jr. and Zaxxon SuperGames at Toys 'R Us along with almost everything else ADAM related (maybe a couple items were purchased at Service Merchandise).

Nice avatar RelliK111... but really, do you have to rub it in!!! :mad:

While I can backup NIAD on the retail availability, it's hard for me to believe that as deep as I was into the Coleco and Adam scene, I still hadn't heard of SimpleCalc until recently (my past few years here on AA)!

Yeah, SimpleCalc was a hum-dinger of a surprise the first time I read the post about it on here as I never saw it back in the day and must have overlooked it in Coleco literature thinking that it was an early version of ADAMCalc.

As far as the other officially released ADAM Software that came complete in a box with manual, the only two that I never saw in stores around Chicagoland were the disk versions of Super Zaxxon and Dragon's Lair. I definetly bought the DK, DK Jr. and Zaxxon SuperGames at Toys 'R Us along with almost everything else ADAM related (maybe a couple items were purchased at Service Merchandise).

Nice avatar RelliK111... but really, do you have to rub it in!!! :mad:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Couldn't help it I can look at these all day :evil: :evil: I'm looking forward to adding to my arcade row someday ;) , Do you know if the disk ver of super zaxxon is a arcade style box also. I have the disk ver of Dragon's Lair and that's looks the same as its Data pack ver. but it just says diskette on it instead of data pack

Edited by RelliK111

Congrat's on those games, RelliK... they look INCREDIBLE!

I've never owned an Adam and I know very little about the computer system, so seeing that select games for the system were released in these "arcade boxes" totally blows me away!

Thanks for posting the pic's!

Mendon

• Like 1

Do you know if the disk ver of super zaxxon is a arcade style box also. I have the disk ver of Dragon's Lair and that's looks the same as its Data pack ver. but it just says diskette on it instead of data pack

The disk version of Super Zaxxon comes in the same size and style of box as Dragon's Lair and for that matter The Best of Broderbund, Family Feud and a number of other non-game software releases by Coleco and Coleco of Canada.

BTW, the 5 1/4" disk would have to be folded in order to make it inside those Arcade Cab boxes... which I think could ruin the experience of playing them! :roll: