IGNORED

Real Atari 8-Bit Impressions

emkay

Real 8-Bit...

No 16 Bit coprocessing....

No 16 Bit sound....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DYRPIdpiUQ

:twisted:

Hey, I send you that picture to see if you're interested in porting it to A8 GTIA Mode but not for Public/Web/YouTube...

And because that's my idea (and picture from other one) I think you have to start paying the rights to all of the people involved...

:grin:

or someone is using your picture and, if that, you will also receive Rights?

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1

Hey, I send you that picture to see if you're interested in porting it to A8 GTIA Mode but not for Public/Web/YouTube...

And because that's my idea (and picture from other one) I think you have to start paying the rights to all of the people involved...

:grin:

;)

No rights involved. All conversions done by me, and this one uses 256 colours while the "original" is b/w ;)

Hitech 256 colour picture plus music with some sawtooth sounds making it even more "hitec" ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRl1LN3pkSA

That's some nice deep "SID-sounding" bass :) (meant as a total compliment - it does not sound like typical PoKey) Are you using a modified RMT for the music playback?

That's some nice deep "SID-sounding" bass :) (meant as a total compliment - it does not sound like typical PoKey) Are you using a modified RMT for the music playback?

It's a patched RMT, yes. But this belongs to the high sounds :)

The basses are simply 15kHz clocked POKEY sounds. The high sounds are generated with 1.79Mhz filter , resulting in sawtooth waves.

To clear things out (for those who cannot believe what they see), pictures don't use interlace. The music and graphics CAN be used together on a real machine.

Were these pokey tunes also recorded from a real machine? And, any executables possible? Or is it just a moviemaker mockup?

Ofcourse they are recorded from the emulation. Pokey sounds quite better, particular with modulations. But the tunes were adjusted to the timing of the emulation, so it is better to record them from there.

The videos are done by simply playing 2 emulators in parallel. But for the real machine such combinations wouldn't be a problem. Music is played in VBI, colours in DLI- time. Only the Skull-tune runs faster than VBI time.

The thread is about "impressions". Look at the picture and listen to the sound, to get the ambient.

Ok. Not that original, because it used 2 POKEYs.

Just to show the abilities of using 15kHz filtered bass sounds, and 1.79Mhz Sawtooth (manipulations)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHaGoI99X_k

Ghosts n Goblins level 1 music surely. Sounds like a broken ZX Spectrum/AMSTRAD AY sound chip.

Actually, I doubt you can do those sound variations on an AY chip, eventhough POKEY is still the older chip and RMT is rather limited to aid with those sounds. It's just low CPU/VBI programming.

;)

• Like 1

Ok. Not that original, because it used 2 POKEYs.

Just to show the abilities of using 15kHz filtered bass sounds, and 1.79Mhz Sawtooth (manipulations)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHaGoI99X_k

Ghosts n Goblins level 1 music surely. Sounds like a broken ZX Spectrum/AMSTRAD AY sound chip.

Rather striking that you're also one of the guys with one-sided comments. You never interfere if a really good sounding tune is posted. And why doesn't it surprise me that R4ngerM4n 'likes' your comment? (see posting score again) ;)

• Like 1