IGNORED

Chicago

Willsy

The hotel everyone seems to be staying at, the Best Western, has a conference room available on Friday from 7am to 11pm for $200. I'm waiting for an answer from them if they will do a half day, from 3pm to 11pm (since most people won't be there until later), at a reduced rate.

It would be nice to get at least 8 people to commit to chipping in so it would only be $25 each. I'll be the first to put my name on the list.

that's not a bad price at all! I'll chip in for that.

Marc, are you attending this year? There is a rumor that you are working on something interesting ;)

I can't be there this year. We did a tonsillectomy, oral surgery and braces this spring. My deductible still isn't met and my cash stash looks like a popcorn fart. Seems I always miss the good years ;(.

Since Tim is my northern connection I am waiting for him to chime in on his attendance prospects. I have a bit of something he might show if he can muster the drive south (sorry bud, I saw the bus coming and couldn't resist throwing you under it ;-). Ernie may show the SID software he finished.

You guys have fun. I am sorry I am going to miss meeting the K and and anyone else ;-). Perhaps one of the brainier of the bunch can set up some kind of George Jettson video phone ??

I can't be there this year. We did a tonsillectomy, oral surgery and braces this spring. My deductible still isn't met and my cash stash looks like a popcorn fart. Seems I always miss the good years ;(.

Since Tim is my northern connection I am waiting for him to chime in on his attendance prospects. I have a bit of something he might show if he can muster the drive south (sorry bud, I saw the bus coming and couldn't resist throwing you under it ;-). Ernie may show the SID software he finished.

You guys have fun. I am sorry I am going to miss meeting the K and and anyone else ;-). Perhaps one of the brainier of the bunch can set up some kind of George Jettson video phone ??

Yup, that'll do it... We'll miss you, and there is always next year!

Well, the lady from the hotel responsible for the conference rooms won't get back with me about the reduced rate (she has not replied to my email or returned my calls.) There are only 4 names on the "I'll contribute to the cost" list, so do we just want to drop the conference room and cram in to someone's room? Otherwise it will be $50 each for the conference room and we have to be out by 11pm.

I have a feeling we will know who is there for the Faire. I am working on something which will make me easily identifiable. Aside from possibly being the only person wearing jean shorts.

Eek! You know it will likely be quite cold, right? :)

NOAA says high of 58F for Saturday. That is sweating weather for me, brother. Aside from that, unless I miss my guess, being it will be "cold" that day, I suspect the heat will be on in the library. To ward off any of the weather-is-different-in-Chicago-than-Florida debates, suffice to say that I am a child of the northern winters :)

Marc, are you attending this year? There is a rumor that you are working on something interesting ;)

Well... I had planned to reserve one of the executive suites so that folks could pop in and set up equipment or talk 'shop'. Last week I had to pull back from those plans for a few reasons. Fortunately, I didn't announce my intent ;) It looks like a Saturday morning commute to Evanston is more likely, though if a few things settle down I may chance a Friday night arrival. I won't know until Thursday at the earlies.

It is also doubtful that the cooler of adult beverages (or Diet Coke, Matthew!) will be tagging along this time either but there is always some hope. grin

PS - That was my room last year, Vorticon, it's just that Marcus helped me break an RGB monitor and all things went south from there. Or did that start from the cooler contents? I honestly do -not- remember :D

BTW, I wanted to mention that my flight lands in ORD at 9:33am so I expect to be at the library around 10:30 or so. I will have no luggage, so my task is just to get to the train and make a couple of transfers to get to Evanston. Hopefully I will not miss a lot.