IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

I feel kind of bummed; I supported PA (on PS3) since the beginning... and thru Kickstarter twice and have bought every table... it sucks to be treated as a bit of an afterthought.

But that's the American way. In school, if you weren't wearing the newest clothing and you didn't have the latest toys, you were an afterthought (thought of as a second-class citizen, if you were thought of at all). You only count if you have the latest, hottest console.

Whereas I LOVE Bride of PInbot! :D

I feel kind of bummed; I supported PA (on PS3) since the beginning... and thru Kickstarter twice and have bought every table... it sucks to be treated as a bit of an after thought.

Bride of Pinbot is Sexy. So is Xenon. They may be one trick ponies butthat doesn'tbmake them bad. Bride of Pinbot is also the only table I completed all the Wizard goals. Billion point shot was epic! :grin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone with a Vita or a PS TV like I just got unable to download the latest version? At first I thought I did something wrong (put in a memory card after initially downloading the game) but so far one or two others on a forum are also having this trouble so I am hoping the problem is not with me but the new patch itself?

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/10796-NA-Vita-Update-Failing

TPA has always had issues if you're not on android/ios or pc... it sucks, but i put most of the blame on sony/microsoft/nintendo and whoever farsight chose to publish with (especially in the case of the 360)

you could try mailing support, but that's always been hit-or-miss in my experience.

Edited by some_canuck

The Vita patch installed fine for me. Do you have enough free space on the memory card? The patch is pretty big.

After the latest patch and having all S1-S4 tables, the game has crashed twice on my Vita while quickly scrolling through the table list. Yay!

Also, the patch adds a Season Five box on the main menu so it looks like they're definitely going to continue releasing tables for the Vita.

Edited by boog

The Vita patch installed fine for me. Do you have enough free space on the memory card? The patch is pretty big.

After the latest patch and having all S1-S4 tables, the game has crashed twice on my Vita while quickly scrolling through the table list. Yay!

Also, the patch adds a Season Five box on the main menu so it looks like they're definitely going to continue releasing tables for the Vita.

I've got 6 gigs free and I can definitely download other games just fine.

Maybe it's hit and miss.

• 1 month later...

Well I see Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and The Get Away High Speed 2 are available for PS4 now. That was quick compared to previous table releases. With luck the PS3 / Vita versions will be out in a week or two and I'm crossing my fingers the new patch 1.28 (I assume cuz the present patch is 1.27) will finally let me download new tables on my PS TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmB5ChJVEoc

Well I see Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and The Get Away High Speed 2 are available for PS4 now. That was quick compared to previous table releases. With luck the PS3 / Vita versions will be out in a week or two and I'm crossing my fingers the new patch 1.28 (I assume cuz the present patch is 1.27) will finally let me download new tables on my PS TV.

Sorry to see you're having so much issues with this... :sad:

I need to update my Ouya... :P

• 1 month later...

Excellent news!!! SUCCESS!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk5RaKnLqj8

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, would I have any trouble mixing the retail season 1 and 2 releases of Pinball Arcade with DLC tables on the PS4?

I assume I'll have a Pinball Arcade app and when I insert the North American season 1 release, those tables will appear within it mixed with whatever I've downloaded without any issues (Sort of like how a XBLA compilation disc works on the 360). But what about season 2 if I import the collection from the UK? Will mixing regions cause me issues within the Pinball Arcade app, which seems easily messed up such as the issue ComputerSpaceFan just recently resolved?

Sad to see no sign of a Season 3 collection from System 3 this year. Was hoping it would become an annual tradition over in Europe, allowing me the option to at least import them on disc.

Edited by Atariboy

Santa gave me a new iPod Touch this Christmas, so now I have a mobile device capable of running Pinball Arcade smoothly. I splurged and bought the Season One and Season Four packs, since those have my two most favorite tables, Twilight Zone and The Addams Family, along with a good sampling of other familiar tables. I can't help but notice a few shortcuts here and there, particularly in the audio and especially TAF's audio, but overall I like what I've played so far and it's good to support a company that really wants to do justice to these tables, hardware and lawyers permitting.

I still say I would buy a Wii U just to have Pinball Arcade with good motion controls. Once in a while I still pop in the Williams Collection on the Wii, exactly because of the controls.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the Doctor Who Kickstarter reached it's goal. It's the old table and they've also gotten an agreement with the BBC to do a reskinned version with some of the latest Doctor Who dudes and some different toys on the old table. They haven't said exactly how they're going to sell the updated Doctor Who table. Here's the info they posted about it:

This new table will be based on the original machines design. However, in our updated version, well be allowed to redo all of the graphics and audio by including the latest doctors and new material from the show! We will also update the art style of the table, add new lighting features, and build in a couple new toys to make it the most intense mod ever of a Doctor Who table real or digital!

We've added new tiers that include backers getting the Bally version and early access to this new version of the table.

We seriously still need your help, though. If we dont meet our campaign goal, were not going to be able to add either table. Please tell your friends who are fans of Doctor Who, past and present, about this really cool campaign.

Looks like the Doctor Who Kickstarter reached it's goal. It's the old table and they've also gotten an agreement with the BBC to do a reskinned version with some of the latest Doctor Who dudes and some different toys on the old table. They haven't said exactly how they're going to sell the updated Doctor Who table. Here's the info they posted about it:

Whoo-hoo! I contributed my usual ten dollars as a bronze backer. Glad to see it won.

Dr. Who was the first Kickstarter I backed for FarSight, so I'm also very happy to see it funded. Reading the comments could get rather depressing thanks to one very determined troll, but thankfully that appears not to have mattered.

After Dr. Who, there will be only one table among my favorites not yet in the Arcade, and that one won't require extra licensing. Fingers crossed!

Anymore support for the PS3 or XBOX 360?

Doesn't sound like it from the Dr. Who video kickstarter... :(

Wasn't 360 DOA for years? :P For the record, they also mention Wii-U on their video which still has an icon on their website despite having zero evidence it will ever come to fruition.

They revived it recently, so it would be strange, disappointing, and very much like Farsight to just discontinue it for good just a short time after it finally got rolling for real.

And in another thread it was stated that they basically stated on Facebook that news on the Wii U front was coming up, so it may yet see something happen over there.

Frankly, I don't see them really supporting the Wii U even if something comes of that hint, so rather than inevitably disappoint us if they're somewhat serious and get people to start supporting them over there only to have the rug pulled out from under them, I'd like to see a "Pinball Arcade: Hall of Fame" release.

Basically a retail release that cherry picks 20 of the best tables and releases it on the Wii U at retail for a decent price of say $30. Think of my proposal as a hybrid of sorts of their old retail model from previous generations with their latest Pinball Arcade engine and content serving as the basis.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

They revived it recently, so it would be strange, disappointing, and very much like Farsight to just discontinue it for good just a short time after it finally got rolling for real.

And in another thread it was stated that they basically stated on Facebook that news on the Wii U front was coming up, so it may yet see something happen over there.

Frankly, I don't see them really supporting the Wii U even if something comes of that hint, so rather than inevitably disappoint us if they're somewhat serious and get people to start supporting them over there only to have the rug pulled out from under them, I'd like to see a "Pinball Arcade: Hall of Fame" release.

Basically a retail release that cherry picks 20 of the best tables and releases it on the Wii U at retail for a decent price of say $30. Think of my proposal as a hybrid of sorts of their old retail model from previous generations with their latest Pinball Arcade engine and content serving as the basis.

I would love a retail Wii-U Hall of Fame release!

I bought the Gottlieb PHOF release for the Game Cube back in the day and loved it. I also got the Williams release for Wii. I think all of the tables got ported over within the first two seasons, with the exception of Playboy and Ace High from the Gottlieb, Jive Time and Sorcerer from Williams.