JacobZu7zu7

Important Note: Competition is over for this week

Midnight Mutants

Game Information

Game Name: Midnight Mutants

Released By: Atari, 1990

Game Mode: DEFAULT

Use 7800 Console or Emulator to play

Post your scores in this thread, they will be added to the Atari 7800 HSC scoreboard.

Remember to play each game with the recommended game mode or difficulty setting as shown above.

The deadline for posting scores is Wednesday November 9th at 1:00 AM

(Central Time, UTC-6)

Challenges / Bonus

Score 50ks or higher for +2 points, 100ks or more is +4 pts.

High Scores

1. 62,300 roadrunner 13+2

2. 35,450 Gorfy 11

Best Tips [+1]

Standings (OCTOBER 26th)

RANK/PLAYER/POINTS/MEDALS EARNED

1. Jifremok-168 [5 gold / olympic silver / 3 silver / 1 bronze]

2. atomickneedrop-129 [3 gold / olympic silver / 1 silver / sports pack / 1 bronze]

3. JacobZu7zu7-98 [ olympic gold / 1 silver / 1 bronze]

4. roadrunner-94 [2 silver / 2 bronze]

5. Gorfy-80 [1 gold 1 silver 1 bronze]

6. bigbee99-77 [1 gold / 1 silver / 2 bronze]

7. SpiceWare-53

8. oyamafamily-47 [1 gold / 1 silver / 1 bronze]

9. LarcenTyler-36 [1 bronze]

10. mord-22 [1 silver]

11. classicgamer_27330-15

12. zylon-13

13. Sonic R.-9 [1 bronze]

14. mingy jongo-7

15. thursday83-6

16. cparsley-3

17. The Galaxer-1

DEADLINE is Wednesday November 9th at 1:00 AM (Central Time, UTC-6)

Sneak Preview,

next game is *Mario Bros*

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

As a tip, either avoid prosystem emulator for this game, or be EXTREMELY careful and observant to reduce the risk of the game resetting itself on you. It took me over a weekend to manage to complete the game on prosystem last season simply because of that.

From what I've noticed it seems to triggered by having too many objects on the screen. On prosystem for whatever reason this screws it up and probably causes it to hit a reset vector. You can reduce the odds of it happening by making sure too much isn't happening on the same horizontal zone and if you find a room that seens to trigger it (the room right before the last boss - stay OUT of the horizontal path as the charging dog if one shows up, the pirate ship with the spiders, etc) avoid shooting unnecessarily. As your shots each count as an object, and by the end of the game you can fire a LOT of shots quickly.

That being said, I did save some prosystem save state files for each of the bosses. I can post them if people want to be able to practice on the bosses prior to doing an official run through for their score.

I'm starting to wonder if my cartridge is defective. I kill all the zombies in the upstairs bedrooms, but the key doesn't appear! Am I forgetting to do something? Isn't the key supposed to appear in the bedroom to the far left?

Yeah, the key should appear in the far bedroom after you kill the zombie in that room.

Go far left then down, maybe you missed that bedroom down there.

The key is in that room. :)

I'm starting to wonder if my cartridge is defective. I kill all the zombies in the upstairs bedrooms, but the key doesn't appear! Am I forgetting to do something? Isn't the key supposed to appear in the bedroom to the far left?

Yeah, the key should appear in the far bedroom after you kill the zombie in that room.

Thanks, Roadrunner. Unfortunately, I'm sure I haven't missed that room. I've killed all the upstairs zombies repeatedly over at least 3 games and the key has not appeared. I think my cart is defective :?

Thanks, Roadrunner. Unfortunately, I'm sure I haven't missed that room. I've killed all the upstairs zombies repeatedly over at least 3 games and the key has not appeared. I think my cart is defective :?

Did you get a diamond when you killed the zombies in the upstairs hallway?

There should be another 2 diamonds in the upstairs bedrooms after the zombies are killed in those rooms.

It sucks that your cart might be defective. This is not an easy game to replace. :(

There doesn't seem to be much interest in the game this round compared to last. Here are the save states for practicing on bosses on prosystem. The states are typically in the room before the boss's room. Each boss is pretty much the same. Big character where you have to hit a specific part.

Boss 1: hit the horn on the top of his head. Get use to his movement, it's predictable and constant, aim your axe where he WILL be rather than where he currently is, given it will take time for the axe to cross the screen.

Boss 2: aim at the eye. Just blast it as fast as you can, moving up or down slightly to avoid the projectiles. Otherwise stay at the edge of the screen.

Boss 3: Avoid projectiles and aim for the ear on the left side of the screen. It's tricky ot hit properly. I don't know if the other ear is also a weak spot, I always concentrated on the left as easier to hit.

After that you need to go to the pumpkin patch to actually finish the game. When you finish the game there your score will inflate into the millions as a bonus, so don't let the super high scores from last season discourage you.

mm-boss-saves(prosystem).zip

There has to be something that triggers the key being in that upstairs bedroom.

I think you have to have the axe or kill the first boss. Maybe both?