IGNORED

Season 5 Round 10 *Oil's Well*

My game took between two and three hours. I took no breaks or pauses and I made it through the levels about 10 times. I lost track actually but I usually get about 50,000 points on a pass through. I was really in a zone at one point making no mistakes and getting lucky sometimes. I must have killed myself on purpose a couple of dozen times. The difficulty level remains the same after the third run through. I used MESS as the emulator and now I have to try the real thing. I just got my first Colecovision from Yurkie and a multi-cart. I'm interested to see if it's easier or harder on the real thing. My first impression is that it's going to be harder but maybe I'm not used to the controller yet.

As a follow up, I just did my first run through with a real Colecovision instead of an emulator. I got 79,000 something. It might be that I'm not completely used to the controller but it seems much harder. I can't seem to make it run as smooth as on the emulator plus, even after only one run, my wrist is sore. I can't imagine if I were to do it for an hour or so. Anyway, my impression is that it's easier with an emulator at least for me.

I'm always in a hurry to complete a level quickly, for fear of running out of time. After reading some of the tips, it looks like I need to take a step back and get a real point strategy :ponder: One of the problems is control in emulation. Getting the drill to go where you want to(with keys) can be maddening!

post-21471-0-96317800-1321640375_thumb.jpg

I'm getting good at controlling the drill with my keyboard, but I've worn out the Ctrl-Alt and arrow keys from playing too many games and they stick. That's really maddening to try to press the key and it won't go down.

I've got a new keyboard coming though so hopefully that will help...

I'm always in a hurry to complete a level quickly, for fear of running out of time. After reading some of the tips, it looks like I need to take a step back and get a real point strategy :ponder: One of the problems is control in emulation. Getting the drill to go where you want to(with keys) can be maddening!

Things are starting to get fun, since I've figured out a few tricks. Level 6 is a real bear to get past..of course I'm just flying by the seat of my pants on lv 5, as I have no real pattern yet other than getting lucky(and having enough drill bits!) ;)

post-21471-0-60739200-1321673365_thumb.jpg