IGNORED

Unresolved symbol list is huge

atari2600land

Dasm tries to figure out symbols in multiple passes. Most of these, if not all, are false positives - symbols that would have resolved in another pass were it not for another code error that stopped dasm cold.

The best way to get a clue about these kinds of unknown errors is to produce a long listing from dasm. To do that just modify the line in 2600bas.bas...

change both parts that say this:

dasm %1.asm -I%bB%/includes -f3 -o%1.bin

to this:

dasm %1.asm -I%bB%/includes -f3 -l%1.list.txt -o%1.bin

The compile your game again. After it fails, search the created GAME.list.txt file for the word "error".

OK, I think I figured out the problem. Apparently I can't use the titlescreen kernel and the playerscores kernel together. So when I delete one, I get red text with a blank unresolved symbol list. If there's no unresolved symbols, then why won't the program compile?

OK, I think I figured out the problem. Apparently I can't use the titlescreen kernel and the playerscores kernel together. So when I delete one, I get red text with a blank unresolved symbol list. If there's no unresolved symbols, then why won't the program compile?

That's the question. The unresolved symbols aren't likely the problem - if you didn't run into your (unknown) compile problem, they likely would have resolved eventually.

Were there any lower-case "error" texts in the listing? The upper-case one isn't what we're after.