IGNORED

let it snow... not (2600)

seemo

Help Santa recover precious snow flakes, to be used for Christmas Night, using his 'absorbing-beam equipped sled' ™ !

But be fast, as every snow flake that reaches ground will accumulate, and make Santa's job harder !

Press LEFT/RIGHT to move the sled, FIRE activates the sled's absorbing beam (when the beam is active, you cannot move the sled)

Use the COLOR/BW switch to select NTSC/PAL colors.

peace

let_it_snow_not_20111119.bin

Edited by seemo
  • Like 4

Cool game, especially for 2K. I like the music too. I'm not very good at it yet though. :)

I don't know if you're completely finished or not, but one idea I had was to maybe add some power-ups that would randomly fall, which when used, could lower your snow by a level...

Power-ups, that is a great idea. I too would like to see something like that.

thanks for your feedback :thumbsup:

as about the music, it's just an algorithm, there's no pre-set melody... I just tried to make it sound somehow Christmas-like

here's an updated version of the game:

- I tweaked the difficulty, the game seems more playable now

- use the LEFT DIFFICULTY switch to turn music on/off

- use the RIGHT DIFFICULTY switch to select between Thomas Jentzsch's movement routine, that handles acceleration and friction of the sled, and a simpler routine that just increases/decreases the sled position

- every once in a while, a row of red ( :? ) snow flakes will appear: if you manage to absorb all four of such flakes, two rows of accumulated snow will be removed (or bonus points will be scored if there aren't enough rows to remove)

peace

let_it_snow_not_20111125.bin

I really like this! My only gripe is that the snow accumulates too quickly. Perhaps you could do something similar to Candy Catcher, and deduct a point for every flake that hits the ground. Make the snow accumulate 1 layer for every 5 flakes you miss.

Just my two cents.

-B

I really like this! My only gripe is that the snow accumulates too quickly. Perhaps you could do something similar to Candy Catcher, and deduct a point for every flake that hits the ground. Make the snow accumulate 1 layer for every 5 flakes you miss.

Just my two cents.

-B

thanks for your two cents :thumbsup:

uhm... can we make a deal at one layer every four missed flakes ? :)

I placed a counter next to the score, it shows how many flakes have been missed.

peace

let_it_snow_not_(paddle)_20111128.bin

Not bad..Its no possible Present catcher, but I like the idea of the snow accumulation near the bottom of the screen....and when it gets to the players head..he says something...like when your guy dies on Metal Slug...he yells something that sounds like he is screaming Profanities...?

• 2 weeks later...