IGNORED

HSC8 Round 19 Unicycling Time! BC's Quest for Tires & Pinhead

Anyone struggling at Pinhead just practice kicking on the 3rd? screen when you have a crab or two on your head it becomes easier as you can run into the balloons for longer - aim to kick them aggressively when they are level with your hands - dont stop still and wait to kick them, run into them and whack em!

First tables...

BC's Quest for Tires

1st McKong 17505 12pts

2nd justin case 13605 11pts

3rd therealbountybob 9175 10pts

4th Fres 2870 9pts

5th roadrunner 2265 8pts

6th Goochman 2095 7pts

7th innuendo 1975 6pts

8th orpheuswaking 1870 5pts

9th Diz 1670 4pts

Pinhead

1st therealbountybob 145145 12pts

2nd justin case 12070 11pts

3rd McKong 6635 10pts

4th Diz 2295 9pts

5th roadrunner 1225 8pts

Download here: atarimania has full instructions and ROM file atarionline.pl has XEX v1 & ATR v2 files (not the one with 80 lives!!)

When you say 'not the one with 80 lives' what do you mean? The two versions I've played up till now give you a bonus life after completing each level is this what your referring to?

Edited by therealbountybob

Ok folks you voted for it (what do you mean you didn't vote?!)... BC's Quest for Tires post-19705-0-97872900-1322997530_thumb.jpg I'll not try to explain the plot for fear I will be declared insane, but jump and duck, hold fire in and use left and right to change the speed of your unicycle ;) Press select (f3) to set level Press option (f4) to see high scores or pause the game Download here: atarimania has full instructions and ROM file atarionline.pl has XEX v1 & ATR v2 files (not the one with 80 lives!!) Any suggestions for a companion bonus game with a stone age or unicycling theme? Ok we have the first ever unicyling themed HSC round [see posts below!] If anyone needs any help please post. Pinhead atarimania has COM file and instructions fandal has XEX atarionline.pl has XEX and ATRs Games close Sun 18th Dec 10am GMT Good Luck everyone and rescue that Cute Chick!

When you say 'not the one with 80 lives' what do you mean? The two versions I've played up till now give you a bonus life after completing each level is this what your referring to?

Ok I've answered my own question having just played the v1 version from atarionline where you start with 80 lives!

BC's 100k+ I switched it off when I got to 100k still had plenty of lives left. This game is too easy cos it gives you a bonus live each round

OK we'll call 100K a win for BC's folks!

Pinhead - 2935

I thought I really liked this game but I think I got it confused with another - there is a game similar to this but there is a building on each side and a Pacman comes down from time to time - anyone remember the name of that game?

hey this new forum is cool, I clicked quote and it put this bit in the same reply I already had open... live and learn :) Hmm, that sounds familiar (I'm assuming you've seen the pacman in pinhead! and that head from Jawbreaker perhaps!) :ponder:

Pinhead - 2935

I thought I really liked this game but I think I got it confused with another - there is a game similar to this but there is a building on each side and a Pacman comes down from time to time - anyone remember the name of that game?

I think Pac-Man does come down in Pinhead at some point. There's also the point patterns from Pac-Man: 200, 400, 800, 1600 as in eating all four ghosts, when you pop four balloons on your head in a row. I'm not certain, but wasn't there a version of Pinhead in the arcades called Kickman? Same game, different name?

Not that it matters much, but 3330 on BC's Quest.

With the current scores that'll bag you quite a few points... it's a bit quite round here over the last few weeks so thanks for playing :thumbsup:

trbb - can we continue play BC after some time (save state - like LodeRunner)? Of course as one game.

sorry not this time, it shouldn't take too long to score 100k; this would be unfair to real atari hardware players! ;)

latest tables

Neanderthals!!!

1st McKong 100000 12pts

2nd Scalak 27385 11pts

3rd justin case 13605 10pts

4th therealbountybob 9175 9pts

5th Fres 3330 8pts

6th roadrunner 2265 7pts

7th Philsan 2260 6pts

8th Goochman 2095 5pts

9th innuendo 1975 4pts

10th orpheuswaking 1870 3pts

11th Diz 1670 2pts

Pinheads!!!

1st therealbountybob 145145 12pts

2nd McKong 74795 11pts

3rd Scalak 32535 10pts

4th justin case 12070 9pts

5th Goochman 2935 8pts

6th Diz 2295 7pts

7th Philsan 1810 6pts

8th roadrunner 1225 5pts

9th littleman jack ???

Not that it matters much, but 3330 on BC's Quest.

With the current scores that'll bag you quite a few points... it's a bit quite round here over the last few weeks so thanks for playing :thumbsup:

trbb - can we continue play BC after some time (save state - like LodeRunner)? Of course as one game.

sorry not this time, it shouldn't take too long to score 100k; this would be unfair to real atari hardware players! ;)

Can't remember how long I was playing, maybe an hour, careful though Scalak I nearly died of boredom

BC's 100k+ I switched it off when I got to 100k still had plenty of lives left. This game is too easy cos it gives you a bonus live each round

OK we'll call 100K a win for BC's folks!

How about we call it a steaming pile of Dinosaur crap! :rolling:

That figure obviously can't be in reference to the NON-emulated, standard issue cartridge version of BC's Quest presented here, which is rather unforgiving in its paucity of points, its rigorous timing, escalating speed, and exactitude of controls. But..I love this game! It is totally unique and is one of best drawn 8-bit games. Thank goodness btw for the well deserved extra life at the end of each level. It makes the game that much more fun for the 99.999% of those who haven't 'cracked' BC..(why even bother otherwise? :razz: )

Rockin' and Rollin', rollin' a rock to save my rather buxom cave-girl friend (but don't ogle her too long or end up flat on your face!):

10,890, level 4

post-21471-0-52313900-1323717335_thumb.jpg

I don't know how you guys are finding this so easy - I just made level 4! I'll put you both down for the win :thumbsup:

After creating some disks I loaded BC's from the mydos menu and it went a bit strange - there was no randomness, just ducks or evenly spaced holes etc ! Also had the end of level tune still playing at the start of the next level! In Pinhead had another good go - my score is flattering as you can get thousands of points for sticking a crab on a cube! Think my atari might be running low on purple and blue balloons (checkout screenshot!)

p.s. Welcome back atariron82 - if you want to post scores for the last round i'll dish you out some HSC points!

post-19705-0-02221700-1323718867.jpg

post-19705-0-86196400-1323718871.jpg

post-19705-0-50667700-1323718876.jpg