IGNORED

What's the deal with Star Castle 2600?

godzillajoe

I haven't sold anything, so you, Chris, and Atari Age got permission from Konami to use Juno First's logo and likeness to sell a commercial product?

*smacks forehead*

I knew I forgot to do something!

Hang on a sec'...

• Milk
  • Eggs
  • Cheese
  • Pester sixth-largest videogame company in the world to ask them if we can sell a handful of copies of a port of an obscure 30-year-old arcade game which they've never even bothered putting out on their own compilations for a 35-year-old obsolete game console to a small group of enthusiasts

Thanks!

• Like 15

What I enjoy the most about these threads is the fact that Star Castle is a really crappy game in the first place. Even the arcade game sucked.

I actually enjoyed Star Castle when I was younger. I used to play it almost every day on the walk home from school...but that doesn't mean that I would pay more for it than any other homebrew I currently own (and it is definitely not worth more than my car).

What cracks me up is that this thread it is still going...on and on and on.

So, as long as it is still going...@solidcorp

IMHO, why even bother to produce artwork and a snazzy looking clear cartridge shell. At the asking price tag of $32,000, NOBODY is ever going to even get to play this game (solidcorp's version), much less enjoy owning a freakin' box!!!! :rolling:

Never say never. I entertained the notion of buying it at one time. But thankfully cooler heads prevailed.

As a purveyor of fine classic electronics I consider anything and everything.

A.) I am shocked your little head was in on the discussion.

B.) It ain't classic.

:P

I kinda doubt if it was made available, there would be a big hub-bub about it from the copyright owners. Whether it's solidcorps version or if cd-w finishes his. Atari didn't make a deal about medieval mayhem or namco about the pac-man hacks being sold at the AA store. Plus some of the other homebrew games available are remakes.

You have not been around long enough to know that yes they did call the fun police on the hacks and homebrews and for years many of them could not be purchased from the AA store.

What I enjoy the most about these threads is the fact that Star Castle is a really crappy game in the first place. Even the arcade game sucked.

I actually enjoyed Star Castle when I was younger. I used to play it almost every day on the walk home from school...but that doesn't mean that I would pay more for it than any other homebrew I currently own (and it is definitely not worth more than my car).

IMHO, why even bother to produce artwork and a snazzy looking clear cartridge shell. At the asking price tag of $32,000, NOBODY is ever going to even get to play this game (solidcorp's version), much less enjoy owning a freakin' box!!!! :rolling:

Solidcorp is trolling you!.

Solidcorp is trolling you!.

you and me both...

I don't get the negativity for the Star Castle game.

It's a less kiddie version of Yars' Revenge with a space ship ( not a fly ). And Yars' Revenge is arguably one of the top 2600 titles!

In Star Castle you get chased around so you must keep moving, and when you finally get a shot path to the enemy ship, it fires giant statbursts at you! The fewer the barrier sections, the higher the background pitch -- which increases the gamplay tension.

I'll glady buy and add any / all versions that I can to add to my collection.

What's the deal with Star Castle 2600?

• Like 1

I don't think there's any negativity for the game. If you want to buy what is currently the only known copy for the 2600, the programmer will gladly sell it to you for $32,768. He'll even let you decide if he gets to make another copy (or copies) after you buy the first one. I think that sums up this thread, give or take.