IGNORED

Knockout Round 2: River Raid

zylon

Our next elimination challenge is River Raid, as chosen by atariron82's number selection.

Play on starting bridge 1 and last as long as you can. Everyone should be ready for this one since we played it recently.

Emulation is fine and use whatever controls you wish and pics required as lowest score is eliminated from further play.

Round ends Monday night @ 9pm EST December 19th 2011

!Skips must be posted by 9pm tomorrow night 12/12/2011 !

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

You need not win, just need to not lose. Let the battle begin!

eligible players:

sdamon - 105,170

zylon - 89,590

JacobZu7zu7 - 89,280

Cafeman - 82,510

Sonic R - 61,900

atariron82 - 55,090

Roadrunner - 49,990

peedenmark7 - 47,860(eliminated)

Games to be played:

Ms Pacman

Pitfall

Beamrider

Frogger

Defender

River Raid

Centipede

Pacman

Mario Bros

Dig Dug

Pole Position

Space Invaders

Super Cobra

Edited by zylon

Merry Christmas to sdamon(the Champ!),..you should enjoy this round :) As for myself, I may have cast 'snake eyes', since this is one of my weakest! I guess it's time for me to learn how to get past bridge 21, or else I'm fish food...

Merry Christmas to sdamon(the Champ!),..you should enjoy this round :) As for myself, I may have cast 'snake eyes', since this is one of my weakest! I guess it's time for me to learn how to get past bridge 21, or else I'm fish food...

I have a feeling you might end up picking the next round as well. :ponder: Unless peedenmark7 rips off a good run...

so one has to win the round to pick the next? I thought we played them-picked in the order we committed to the knockout?

The rules were changed (before the contest started) so that zylon created a pool of 13 games (based on our picks and suggestions), assigning a number to each one that only he knows. The player with the 2nd lowest score each round (the lowest score player having been eliminated) then picks one of the remaining numbers. Zylon then reveals which game is next based on the number picked. Doing it this way means no-one knows what's coming up next... keeps us all on our toes!

Edited by sdamon

so one has to win the round to pick the next? I thought we played them-picked in the order we committed to the knockout?

The rules were changed (before the contest started) so that zylon created a pool of 13 games (based on our picks and suggestions), assigning a number to each one that only he knows. The player with the 2nd lowest score each round (the lowest score player having been eliminated) then picks one of the remaining numbers. Zylon then reveals which game is next based on the number picked. Doing it this way means no-one knows what's coming up next... keeps us all on our toes!

It was requested that I "randomize" the games so the number is chosen by the lowest surviving score in a round. In this case, I was the lowest surviving score. Since I know the games & numbers, I deferred to next score to pick. :)

My box of 5200 games came in mail, all games work but 1.. RIVER RAID! ugh,

stuck on emulator... *sigh*, The only Atari games that go bad for me are Activision... those contact pins are too skinny and sensative.

Anyway, this port of River Raid just gets more fun the more I play it!

...on my second attempt, pretty good!

post-3059-0-41824600-1323817103_thumb.jpg

My box of 5200 games came in mail, all games work but 1.. RIVER RAID! ugh,

stuck on emulator... *sigh*, The only Atari games that go bad for me are Activision... those contact pins are too skinny and sensative.

Anyway, this port of River Raid just gets more fun the more I play it!

...on my second attempt, pretty good!

Try wedging a pack of matches behind the cart after you put it in. It helps sometimes. :)

No skips requested and none granted this round. Anyone who uses one will have an * next to their name showing that they have used theirs.

Edited by zylon

Round ends Monday night @ 9pm EST December 19th 2011

We ALL should really work on this game during the weekend! Since this game ends MONDAY night.

We AM. ;)

I make them one full week from when the "selector" picks their number. So we wind up with a 1-day break between rounds. A little time for the systems to cool down. :)