Photo

Classic arcades in Seattle, Portland?

4 replies to this topic

#1 atarilovesyou OFFLINE  

atarilovesyou

Stargunner

• 1,702 posts

Posted Thu Jan 5, 2012 12:45 AM

Can anyone suggest some old-school arcades that are in Seattle or Portland (Oregon)? Ground Kontrol seems like a pretty cool arcade in Portland. Thinking of a little road trip!

#2 mr. toast OFFLINE  

mr. toast

Chopper Commander

• 118 posts

Posted Thu Jan 5, 2012 8:50 PM

Can anyone suggest some old-school arcades that are in Seattle or Portland (Oregon)? Ground Kontrol seems like a pretty cool arcade in Portland. Thinking of a little road trip!

Last I checked (November-ish), Seattle used to have one by the Space Needle. It was MASSIVE (the building was the size of a Costco) but they're trying to put in new amusements and whatnot so they took it out. :_(

#3 retrorussell OFFLINE  

retrorussell

Quadrunner

• 5,178 posts
  • Still cheesy after all these years.

Posted Sat Jan 7, 2012 10:05 PM

Yes, Ground Kontrol is awesome and worth the trip. See if you can beat my Ms. Pac-Man hiscore, I think it's still on there. GK has a bar and kitchen, and lots of games, newer and older, plus pinball.

#4 Blinddog OFFLINE  

Blinddog

Space Invader

• 14 posts

Posted Thu Mar 8, 2012 5:32 PM

Dorky's in Tacoma is a good place to visit. Nice mix of games with quite a few classics. Also if your in the Seattle area June 8 - 10 there's the NW Pinball and Arcade Show. There should be 300+ arcade and pinball games there. Pretty impressive. http://www.nwpinballshow.com/

#5 retrorussell OFFLINE  

retrorussell

Quadrunner

• 5,178 posts
  • Still cheesy after all these years.

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:31 PM

If you have time to go to the Oregon coast Funland in Seaside is still pretty good. Gets pretty crowded and HOT in there due to the big pizza oven, assuming it's still there (haven't been there in a while). Good mix of old and newer games.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users