Photo

Looking to collaborate! Bring back the Atari comics!

6 replies to this topic

#1 dobidy OFFLINE  

dobidy

Chopper Commander

• 155 posts
  • Boot to the Head!

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:11 PM

One of the things I loved to collect were the in-pack comics. I kept the comics long after getting rid of my (first) Atari collection. If anyone has a homebrew idea that would match well with a comic 4 to 8 pages I would be happy to contribute.

You can check out my art specs if you are interested.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/David-Pietila-Animation-Illustration-Design/120648334668918
www.dobidy.weebly.com

#2 Pixelboy ONLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 6,077 posts

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:39 PM

I'm not really into Atari homebrewing, but if you're an artist looking to contribute something significant, I've got just three words for you: Swordquest Airworld comic. :)

Only problem is, it would require way more than 4-8 pages...

#3 dobidy OFFLINE  

dobidy

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts
  • Boot to the Head!

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:19 PM

Haha! The Tod Frye I-ching slant on the story would give me a headache. I would be able to copy George Perez's style pretty close.

http://www.atariprot...ld/airworld.htm

#4 espire8 OFFLINE  

espire8

Dragonstomper

• 626 posts

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:52 PM

If anyone has a homebrew idea that would match well with a comic 4 to 8 pages I would be happy to contribute.

I had a short comicbook story idea I started to draft out some 5 years ago for a vcs homebrew game by Spiceware called "Medieval Mayhem". It never got off the ground tho because a boxed game wasn't possible to make a pack-in with. And I was already busy with animating the dragon graphics and designing the label and manual, so there wasn't any time either before it's release.
I just saw your art specs and I do like your style. It looks close to what I did on the label.

I'd keep you in mind to contribute for an 8-page story as I was thinking of revisiting the comic book pack-in idea for a homebrew sequel to MM - if that should ever happen.

Edited by espire8, Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:57 PM.

#5 Animan OFFLINE  

Animan

River Patroller

• 2,391 posts
  • Just some guy who plays Atari and watches Anime.

Posted Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:34 PM

Very neat idea. I'm currently working with a few people on a small cart release of my 2600 homebrew Trashmania: Remix.

In fact, I still have the story from the original manual I wrote up for the first Trashmania game I did (however, it differs slightly from Trashmania: Remix):

Spoiler

I'll contact you sometime if we think it's something we want. I myself would love to have a small pack-in comic with my game!

Edited by Animan, Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:35 PM.

#6 Retro Rogue OFFLINE  

Retro Rogue

River Patroller

• 3,276 posts

Posted Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:39 PM

In line with this topic.....

http://www.atariage....k-cover-contest

#7 dobidy OFFLINE  

dobidy

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts
  • Boot to the Head!

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:01 PM

Sorry for the delay......having some trouble posting. I've tried to reply to all of you a couple of times.
The projects sound fun so far.......let me know when you are ready to go!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users