IGNORED

Atari 2600 Knockout Round 4: KOOL-AID MAN

JacobZu7zu7

I rebuilt my CX-40 joystick, tonight, with the Best Electronics' joystick rebuild kit. I bought the parts through Ebay from a guy in Danville, IN.

Playing Yar's last week, I lost a ridiculous number of flies due to epic joystick fail. :thumbsdown: "Go up! GO UP!!! Bah." :( :thumbsdown:

So, now my CX-40 is working better than new, and it makes me happy. :) :thumbsup:

I'll get knocked out of the tourney sometime (my goal is actually to make the top ten), but equipment failure won't be the cause. I always say, it's the little victories.

post-26187-0-72259200-1327364447_thumb.png

TWIN GALAXIES TOP 3 FOR KOOL-AID MAN (Game 1, Difficulty B):

1st - 81,300 - James Randall, the TOYMAILMAN (November 6th, 2010)

2nd - 63,700 - Joseph Knasin (June 11th, 2004)

3rd - 54,900 - Troy Whelan (July 4th, 2003)

Looks like Gorfy already has my TG score beat. Congrats! I think the season 4 score by Captain Beard is the highest I have ever seen posted.

I love this game, it was the first 2600 game I ever played as a kid. I don't think it's possible to roll, however, and that's my only complaint with it. You will inevitably lose time (Kool-Aid at the bottom). You can get a high score, sure, but I don't think it's possible to roll it.

37,000, a personal best for this game.

post-29468-0-48040900-1327458337_thumb.jpg

You guys always bring out my A game, though, so hopefully I can top even this. Some of your scores here are just sick!

This was one of my favorites as a kid, and the only M Network game I or anyone I knew had, which made it even cooler. Also brings back some other memories of college-age indiscretions:

"It's Kool-Aid.................................... Man!"