IGNORED

Intellivision Demo Tape- 1979

Very interesting!

That looks like a very early prototype of the keyboard component - since the cassette player is a big lump that is turned sideways (and the cassette player door looks totally fake when the guy opens it.) Also the computer displays look kind of fake too - they seem to appear at a variety of different resolutions. And I guess they hadn't gotten the "Jack LaLanne" license when they filmed this...

post-14916-0-35789000-1328399216_thumb.gif

• Like 1

Interesting!

That looks like a very early prototype of the keyboard component - since the cassette player is a big lump that is turned sideways (and the cassette player door looks totally fake when the guy opens it.)

Fake! The tape player doesn't even have any spindles to wind the tape with :lol:. Its door looks like its almost going to fall off as well.

Also the computer displays look kind of fake too - they seem to appear at a variety of different resolutions.

Agreed! They are not Inty native displays.

Yeah, this tape is pretty cool. I've seen it before.

I noticed that the version of Football they showed on the TV was a little different than the more detailed demo later in the video. (Blue border vs. maroon.) Also, the version they showed the more detailed demo for has buggy horizontal scrolling. The final version's display looks a bit different.

Anyone else notice the fake "tape drive" around 2:55, including the lid that doesn't actually seem to be attached properly? (It wiggles a little when the "hand model" sets the lid down.) And yeah... that's totally Keyboard Component text up there. Riiiight. (The output of the real TMS9927 isn't nearly so good, and limited to white.)

The late 70s/early 80s were really like the"Belle Epoque"/"Gilded Age" of the early XX century, where the optimism and excitement for what the future was going to bring us reached new heights. In one word... great video!

And now if Mattel would finally put their act together and deliver a proper Keyboard Component with a built-in Sony's blu-ray drive making the SonyVision 2.0.... :P

Very interesting video.

of couse all the keyboard component you see working there is absolutely fake, they weren't the real software developed;)

Does anybody have a video that shows the actual Keyboard Component software in action? I read the manuals and the product description and it is hard for me to imagine how such a device would have been effective in the 1970s, when video games and home computers were very much in their infancy. Yet it certainly sounds very ambitious and I'm curious to see how good it actually was.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

You should find on youtube some videos of conversational french. Well it worked quite well indeed.

The software analyzed human voice comparing it, to correct the speaking.

If I have time I'll try to take some videos with my KC.

You have a working Keyboard Component? What can I do to get written into your will? :)

-dZ.

• 2 months later...