IGNORED

Dig Dug Arcade Port using SGM

Yurkie

I thought it only fair to start a new thread since DIg Dug was brought up in Opcode's Donkey Kong Arcade thread and with all the years he has put into DKA off topic posts should be avoided.....anyway

I personally love Dig Dug, and that said I hate the flickery train wreck unreleased proto by Atarisoft.

I think that Dig Dug used in conjunction with the SGM (Super Game Module) and given the attention it deserves, like the love poured into PMC (Pac-Man collection which is available for sale on the Opcode site, and IMO the very best cart available for the ColecoVision) and Donkey Kong Arcade (we'll have this either with, or soon after the SGM release) would be easily a Top 5 ColecoVision game.

Ok, so I am a DIg Dug fanboy. If you agree that DIg Dug should be ported by Opcode please let him know by posting in this thread.

Edited by Yurkie

Yeah, no matter what there will be some flickering.

The problem with Atari's version is that it flicks preemptively. I prefer to flick things when it is really necessary.

Dig-Dug is a game that would play mostly arcade perfect on the CV, as the whole game can be scaled down 3/4, just like I did with Pac-Man. And to reduce some of the flickering, an option for monochrome sprites would be offered, as I am doing with DKA.

Actually the flickering is annoying but what I really hate about my favorite game on colecovision is that the pumping action with the buttons is not as good as it was in the arcade. It is real slow and annoying to try and quickly kill the monsters especially when you have them all chasing you in the later rounds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agreed...Dig Dug would be awesome for the new expansion. I'd buy it just for that! I hate emulation and I'd love to play my fav arcade classic on the actual CV with my kids. It seems impossible to find, but if anyone knows of one of the atarisoft prototypes of DD for sale, please let me know. But hey if this port becomes reality that might be much more realistic!!!