IGNORED

Bee-17-Bomb-er OR Beeee-17-Baaaaaaaalmer?

Rev

The correct way to pronounce B-17 Bomber? I pronounce it the first way, What about you guys?

:P

my inspiration: http://www.atariage....-lah-ga-galaga/

I typically pronounce it in the same way the Intellivoice guy does: "Beeeee se-vuhn-teeeen Baaaaw-muhr," with a slight robotic timbre. It's been in my head ever since I played it the first time. :)

(As a related anecdote, I recently told my Father that I own an Intellivision and that if he ever visits we could play some of the old games together. His immediate response was, "sure, I'd love to play... Beeee se-vuhn-teeeen Baaaaw-muhr!" I guess I'm not the only one then.)

-dZ.

I thought it was cute to repeat the early speech synthesis until that unfunny AVGN did a sequence which got posted all over the internet where he and the game said "Bawmer" to each other for a minute. He then said "what the fuck is that shit" or something similar. i'll tell you what "the fuck that shit is", junior: a really good attempt considering the technology of the time at making the voice sound something like a southeastern US human instead of a robot.

• Like 1

Yeah, that is his shtick. Personally I can't stand the AVGN - I think he deserves a hard swift kick in the 'nads - but I guess there are lots of people who like him. Apparently the AVGN recently tried to raise funds to make an "AVGN goes on a road trip" movie - and he actually raised $325,000 to make it.

http://www.indiegogo.com/angry-video-game-nerd-the-movie

Unbelievable. I guess it's true that a fool and his money are soon parted! I can't see how else the AVGN would raise hundreds of thousands of dollars to make more of his shit videos.