IGNORED

Atari 16mb myide game collections

fernando marrin

do you know where can i download de 16 mb copier to try first?

This forum has a "search" feature. Using it will solve many things, avoids questions and returns answers before you even asked them.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/175048-new-tool-released-16mb-copier-01/page__view__findpost__p__2177338

found that the source of all my problems is the damned 512 mb transcend ide flash module that come with my cart

if i give smaller values all starts to work

can you please give me the right cylinders ,heads , etc for a 512 mb flash drive ?

will try to force manually the bios to enter them one for one,

then if it does not work

i will have to search for a compatible CF+adaptor

can anyone please give me the right data

cylinders ,heads , etc for a 512 mb flash drive ?

Believe me. That won't work. Even when you enter correct values, it will fail. This is only interesting in case of real physical drive.

If MyIDE won't find it by itself, forget it. The card is not compatible then.

Is this the model of the card?

Transcend TS512MDOM40VS 512MB?

Had those and they were always recognized. Maybe the one you have is a bad module.

post-919-0-80912300-1329260571_thumb.jpg

Or maybe your Atari isn't powering the card. Have you tried it with external power on the Flash Module?

READ THIS THREAD AT ATARIMAX. May have information that you can use. Says basically that some Atari computers have problems with Transcend modules while others don't. Do you have a different Atari to use.

http://atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=950

At any rate check in that Atari Max forums. There is a lot of information on there.

Edited by kheffington

Is this the model of the card?

Transcend TS512MDOM40VS 512MB?

Had those and they were always recognized. Maybe the one you have is a bad module.

post-919-0-80912300-1329260571_thumb.jpg

Or maybe your Atari isn't powering the card. Have you tried it with external power on the Flash Module?

READ THIS THREAD AT ATARIMAX. May have information that you can use. Says basically that some Atari computers have problems with Transcend modules while others don't. Do you have a different Atari to use.

http://atarimax.com/...c.php?f=7&t=950

At any rate check in that Atari Max forums. There is a lot of information on there.

that's the one i have ,

tried it on a xe gs

now working on a 130 xe

same problems

don't have other ATARI8bit to test

please just give me the cylinder head info for 512 mb.

i've been reading forums for so long,

changed ataris, upgraded mybios , upgraded my sio2sd

still can't get the myide loaded with games

You will find the Information in the product spec sheet at transcend. A google search would have been faster for you but here it is in this pdf download it. But as previously stated, this is not going to help you. If it isn't recognized you have another problem of some kind. Try powering the Flash card externally.

http://inpc.com.ua/data/product_f/ideflash/qig_ts.pdf

tried powering up the card, weird colors and garbage,

myide does not even boot

opened the cart and checked the chips,

they are the good ones.

one IC was loose in the socket , pressed it,

no change ,same behaviour

esentially trying to copy things myide tries to find them on sio, not in the cart

every once in ten boots it works

couldn't yet try the copier , because of that

also tried with the CF adapter (dual cards) and kingston CF of the sinclair spectrum's divide,

resets when entering ide bios to init

Edited by fernando marrin

Do you have another Power Supply? If there is noise on the internals of the Atari, MyIDE is the first thing to suffer from that.

Btw. Today I fixed a few MyIDE related bugs in my 16MB copier. I have to go back to work now, but I guess I could post the newest version (0.3) soon.

Keep you informed.

Greetz

M.

Do you have another Power Supply? If there is noise on the internals of the Atari, MyIDE is the first thing to suffer from that.

Btw. Today I fixed a few MyIDE related bugs in my 16MB copier. I have to go back to work now, but I guess I could post the newest version (0.3) soon.

Keep you informed.

Greetz

M.

thanks!!

waiting for more patience to try again , using your copier,

let me know when you have updated it

Do you have another Power Supply? If there is noise on the internals of the Atari, MyIDE is the first thing to suffer from that. Btw. Today I fixed a few MyIDE related bugs in my 16MB copier. I have to go back to work now, but I guess I could post the newest version (0.3) soon. Keep you informed. Greetz M.
thanks!! waiting for more patience to try again , using your copier, let me know when you have updated it

I was just about to upload the new version, and I found another nasty bug. I first have to fix that one. So I hope you can be some more patient. Sorry for that!

im getting crazy,

found another power supply, same timing problems

suspecting because my machines are pal n ,

converted from original ntsc Usa systems back in the day

though sio2sd has no problem at all and works great

anyway

can any of you Please sell me an ide flash card with disk1 to disk4 game images installed?

would gladly pay by paypal at once

myide works great once anything was transfered, the problem is actually doing it :-(

Edited by fernando marrin

Ah... Now you are telling something!

Myide is a different cup of tea than sio based devices!

On normal Atari 8bit computers it is already a matter of luck that everything works harmless.

But your Atari computers are heavily tweaked. I suppose they are not 100% compatible. Myide is a very delicate device very sensitive to very little timing issues.

I can hardly believe that everything will work fine as soon as you have a working cf card. But ok....

Unfortunately I have nothing to sell.

Please try to get a genuine/original pal or NTSC machine.

Try to believe what I say. I know there were also issues with SECAM Atari computers! Timing is your problem too I guess.