Photo

So what happened to the Lochjaw carts

11 replies to this topic

#1 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• 3,453 posts

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:45 PM

I just bought a Lochjaw, and was wondering, what happened to all the cartridges that were pulled from the shelves? We're the boxes destroyed and the carts relabeled? Is there a cache in Venezuala?
Does anyone have any credible info on this?

#2 Dino OFFLINE  

Dino

River Patroller

• 3,362 posts

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:09 PM

Most probably the 1,000 or so that were left MIB were sent to Venezuela and are sitting in a warehouse waiting to be discovered :D

#3 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,453 posts

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:13 PM

Most probably the 1,000 or so that were left MIB were sent to Venezuela and are sitting in a warehouse waiting to be discovered :D

That's what I'm worried about! LOL

#4 jetset OFFLINE  

jetset

Quadrunner

• 11,711 posts

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:24 PM

Don't worry, if they are found the game won't suck any more that it already does, so you can still play it. ;)

#5 Dino OFFLINE  

Dino

River Patroller

• 3,362 posts

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:18 PM

That's what I'm worried about! LOL

If you're worried about that stop spending more than $10 on games ;)

#6 ferghead OFFLINE  

ferghead

Dragonstomper

• 551 posts

Posted Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:57 AM

I just bought a Lochjaw,

Just curious, did you get the one on Game Gavel?

#7 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,453 posts

Posted Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:09 AM

Yes I did. At a great price, in my opinion.

#8 bfstats OFFLINE  

bfstats

Dragonstomper

• 631 posts

Posted Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:23 PM

I don't know how many Apollo produced before changing the name, but after the crash Kay-Bee Toy & Hobby (in the Baltimore area, 1986 I believe) had six CIB Lochjaw in a closeout bin for $6.99 each. Since I already had Shark Attack, I didn't pull the trigger. What a $42 investment THAT would have been. Biggest regret of my collecting life.

Point is, apparently there was a limited number available in at least that one chain in the US, which suggests Apollo dumped their stock when they filed Chapter 11. Kay-Bee was known for selling both new and distress merchandise since they always had both the newest-and-hottest as well as bargain-basement toys. If I remember correctly, Atari Video Cube was in that same closeout bin. Neither game had ever appeared on their regular full-priced behind-the-counter shelves.
  • jhd likes this

#9 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,453 posts

Posted Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:34 PM

I don't know how many Apollo produced before changing the name, but after the crash Kay-Bee Toy & Hobby (in the Baltimore area, 1986 I believe) had six CIB Lochjaw in a closeout bin for $6.99 each. Since I already had Shark Attack, I didn't pull the trigger. What a $42 investment THAT would have been. Biggest regret of my collecting life.

Point is, apparently there was a limited number available in at least that one chain in the US, which suggests Apollo dumped their stock when they filed Chapter 11. Kay-Bee was known for selling both new and distress merchandise since they always had both the newest-and-hottest as well as bargain-basement toys. If I remember correctly, Atari Video Cube was in that same closeout bin. Neither game had ever appeared on their regular full-priced behind-the-counter shelves.

Thanks for an actual response to my original post

#10 Dino OFFLINE  

Dino

River Patroller

• 3,362 posts

Posted Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:52 PM

Thanks for an actual response to my original post

Unrelated to your question: Nice price! :thumbsup: :grin:

#11 Ranthulfr OFFLINE  

Ranthulfr

Dragonstomper

• 642 posts

Posted Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:04 PM

Did Apollo actually pull Lochjaw from shelves? I would have guessed that they just switched over to Shark Attack and kept on shipping product.

#12 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,453 posts

Posted Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 PM

Did Apollo actually pull Lochjaw from shelves? I would have guessed that they just switched over to Shark Attack and kept on shipping product.

I assumed that they did, but maybe not . It would explain why Lochjaw was seen in the bargain bin when bfstats already had Shark Attack

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users