IGNORED

Sticker Problems on a Rare Mountain Madness Box

also, if it does appear to be attach only at the corners you might want to carefuly slide something under the sticker and cut it into four so you can work on each piece of glue independently. If you don't any you start pulling one corner, you might accidentally tear another corner when the first one comes loose.

Dude, that turned out awesome! Good for you! I'm thinking that those may have come from INTV late in the life of the company. We know that they ended up shipping some games out in bags, maybe they just had extra Mountain Madness boxes and extra Super Pro Decathlon manuals and created this Frankenstein package as a solution to use up their remaining supplies. Hmmmmm......

• 4 weeks later...

Ha, I just got one of these, along with an Auto Racing box that had a Pole Position sticker on it. Here's the auction:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1808422351441?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180842235144&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I figured I'd take a chance on it, and hit the BIN a few hours after the auction came up. Just got it, and everything looks good. If only it had come with the Mountain Madness cart!

Has the Auto Racing one been seen before? It seems like both of these are legit, if bizarre, variants.

With two copies with identical stickers, I'm guessing they must have. They certainly wouldn't be saleable at retail that way! Is there another distributor who might've had a hand in it, I wonder?

Is there any reason I shouldn't just hairdryer these off? I don't want to destroy a rare variant ;) but I do want a Mountain Madness box...

Yeah, I've had good luck hairdrying off stickers in the past. Slow and steady. :)

Like I said, I just want to make sure I'm not destroying a variant that anyone is yearning to have. I once almost removed a Japanese sticker from an Odyssey^2 game, and that one sticker turned out to change the value from $3 to $75!