IGNORED

SCPH-1110 Playstation 1 Flightstick Analog Sticks

dannaz94

post-16281-0-66900000-1330776416_thumb.jpg

Shows $35.15 shipping to west TN. If you live in the $11.20 region, this is a good deal.

I have 2 sets of these controllers. I love them!

This is one of the most innovative and most effective controller designs I have ever seen. It's just a shame that it wasn't more popular, because it was big and heavy and somewhat expensive.

For games like "Descent" or anything "Ace Combat," this is an amazing controller. Unlike all the later Ace Combat PS2.....

post-16281-0-70767500-1330776732_thumb.jpg

.....this one-piece SONY twinstick can comfortably sit in your lap. To me, that makes it beacoup-more useful since you can play from your favorite chair. The 2-piece setups fall off either side of your lap, so you must have them on a TV tray or table, which is just too much hassle.

Make sure you read The Wikipedia Page on this joystick, for the list of supported games.

Interesting that on that page, it says....

The Analog Joystick can be connected to the PC via a USB adapter and also via a DirectPad Pro style parallel port interface[7] which can be accessed under Windows using the DirectPad [8] or other drivers. The Allegro library provides the same functionality for developers.

It would be nice to know which USB adapter they are taking about, because if this controller could be also used on the PC, it would add to its utility.

Even just for Playstation use, if you can justify the storage for this enormous controller, it's pure bliss to use it on a game that really supports it.

Interesting that on that page, it says....

The Analog Joystick can be connected to the PC via a USB adapter and also via a DirectPad Pro style parallel port interface[7] which can be accessed under Windows using the DirectPad [8] or other drivers. The Allegro library provides the same functionality for developers.

It would be nice to know which USB adapter they are taking about, because if this controller could be also used on the PC, it would add to its utility.

Right? I have a few, and none work properly with this stick.

I never thought about using the stick as a flight stick controller on the PC. :)

I think I have mine still. When I get home I'll dig through the garage and see if I can find it. If I do still have it, I'll shoot you a PM for a good price. I don't want the thing at all.