#3 amiman99 OFFLINE  

amiman99

Dragonstomper

• 743 posts

Posted Thu Mar 1, 2012 7:45 PM

One for sale right now on fleabay:
eBay Auction -- Item Number: 190613249701

Super price IMHO.

I want one too, but with $42 shipping???

#4 tremoloman2006 OFFLINE  

tremoloman2006

Stargunner

• 1,627 posts

Posted Fri Mar 2, 2012 3:37 AM

Say What? It says shipping is $11.20 when I look at it.

Attached Thumbnails

• flight_stick.jpg

#5 amiman99 OFFLINE  

amiman99

Dragonstomper

• 743 posts

Posted Fri Mar 2, 2012 11:18 PM

Still shows $42.55 for shipping, something is screwy

Attached Thumbnails

• ps1joy.jpg

#6 wood_jl OFFLINE  

wood_jl

Quadrunner

• 6,054 posts

Posted Sat Mar 3, 2012 6:22 AM

Sony Twinsticks Auction.jpg

Shows $35.15 shipping to west TN. If you live in the $11.20 region, this is a good deal.

I have 2 sets of these controllers. I love them!

This is one of the most innovative and most effective controller designs I have ever seen. It's just a shame that it wasn't more popular, because it was big and heavy and somewhat expensive.

For games like "Descent" or anything "Ace Combat," this is an amazing controller. Unlike all the later Ace Combat PS2.....

Ace Combat Flightstick.jpg

.....this one-piece SONY twinstick can comfortably sit in your lap. To me, that makes it beacoup-more useful since you can play from your favorite chair. The 2-piece setups fall off either side of your lap, so you must have them on a TV tray or table, which is just too much hassle.

Make sure you read The Wikipedia Page on this joystick, for the list of supported games.

Interesting that on that page, it says....

The Analog Joystick can be connected to the PC via a USB adapter and also via a DirectPad Pro style parallel port interface[7] which can be accessed under Windows using the DirectPad [8] or other drivers. The Allegro library provides the same functionality for developers.

It would be nice to know which USB adapter they are taking about, because if this controller could be also used on the PC, it would add to its utility.

Even just for Playstation use, if you can justify the storage for this enormous controller, it's pure bliss to use it on a game that really supports it.

#7 Rex Dart OFFLINE  

Rex Dart

Quadrunner

• 6,070 posts
  • NO CASH VALUE

Posted Sat Mar 3, 2012 11:21 AM

Interesting that on that page, it says....

The Analog Joystick can be connected to the PC via a USB adapter and also via a DirectPad Pro style parallel port interface[7] which can be accessed under Windows using the DirectPad [8] or other drivers. The Allegro library provides the same functionality for developers.

It would be nice to know which USB adapter they are taking about, because if this controller could be also used on the PC, it would add to its utility.

Right? I have a few, and none work properly with this stick.

#8 keilbaca OFFLINE  

keilbaca

Fight like a robot!

• 7,483 posts
  • Berzerk (Atari 2600) champ

Posted Sat Mar 3, 2012 11:34 AM

I never thought about using the stick as a flight stick controller on the PC. :)

I think I have mine still. When I get home I'll dig through the garage and see if I can find it. If I do still have it, I'll shoot you a PM for a good price. I don't want the thing at all.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users