IGNORED

Atari 2600 Knockout Round 10: KUNG FU MASTER

JacobZu7zu7

or eliminate the lowest anyway (make it one of those Amazing Race double elimination stops) :)

After final 10 players, this rule will take effect " no free pass to next rounds" in (round after next?)...

Although, I think everyone will be putting a score up by then. Since it was not in effect before, the FINAL 10,

it will be... seems like a nice time to put this in effect.

Also the scoring at final 10 players, MIGHT be downgraded from +15 pts to +10 pts for 1st place and under...

I am also considering 5 days of gameplay instead of 7. Not sure when this will be, but sometime around

the 5 players remaining mark.

NONE OF THE LATER GAME RULES ARE FULLY IN EFFECT...

ANY NEW RULES WILL BE ANNOUNCED ACCORDINGLY TO A BEGINING OF A NEW ROUND...

NO SOONER THEN THE FINAL 10 PLAYERS....

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

I like the seven days. It gives me a chance to play even if I get busy at work.

I like the 7 days, too. I expect to be on the bubble again soon, and when that happens, I'll use every minute of that 7 days to survive for another week. And even though I'll be knocked out eventually, the intensity of this competition has been something that has been thoroughly enjoyable to me.

At this point, I really don't expect to see any more zero scores. I guess we'll see.

I like the seven days. It gives me a chance to play even if I get busy at work.

It might stay 7 throughout...

I am wondering if this contest will run a bit long for the "Grand Championships" (Winners of every HSC console).

If the winners of 7800, Colecovision etc... don't mind waiting an extra month or two...?

Another idea to quicken up, maybe have a "three rounds in one"... over two weeks and cutt two/three people?

On the other hand, if waiting is not out of the picture... then I will let it alone, as it is now...

Had a high score yesterday, took a pic and then misplaced my camera. Just now found it, but can't seem to read the pictures off of it. :mad:

edit: yep, pictures are completely gone from the camera. That's really disappointing, as it was the best I've ever done on this game. I'd gone through all levels 3 times so the score was more than 300,000, but I don't know how much more.

Edited by KevinMos3

Had a high score yesterday, took a pic and then misplaced my camera. Just now found it, but can't seem to read the pictures off of it. :mad:

edit: yep, pictures are completely gone from the camera. That's really disappointing, as it was the best I've ever done on this game. I'd gone through all levels 3 times so the score was more than 300,000, but I don't know how much more.

That sucks... I could except the score, if you knew what it was...

There's still 1 hour left of play if you want to give it another go.

Of Note:

It makes more sense to have the early rounds shorter and the final rounds longer.

Just like in sports. Most often the first round of the playoffs are shorter to get rid of the crappy teams. I know baseball does this and I think basketball and maybe hockey too.

Then the later rounds are longer because the match-ups are more intense.

So if we do knock-out again, and I hope we do, then the first 5-9 rounds should be shorter to rid the tourney of uncommited players. Just a suggestion.