IGNORED

Really? Atari 400 parts still available from Sears?

ClausB

Either their inventory database needs a major league cleanup, or they have infinite warehouse storage inside a Tardis.

I'd be tempted to order it just to see what happens if it didn't cost so much. (The site did apply the board to the Shopping Cart.)

The only place I could find using that substituted part number (46-353101-3) rather than the Atari part CA014807 is the Sears site.

Edited by kenjennings

They probably really have the parts... especially if they never discounted them over the years. I know a guy that needed a transmission for a 40's Ford and he bought one from Ford for $79.00 (this was many years ago). Old stock, old price.

Wow - wish I could get parts for my Daytona that cheap and easy :)

• Like 1

I noticed a couple of years ago that they had parts for the Okimate 10 as well. It's intriguing. Is there really some Sears warehouse with parts for stuff dating back 30, 40, 50 or even more years?

• Like 1

Well, if i put the words "How to obtain new parts for your old computer Macintosh Amiga Apple Commodore Atari IBM" into this thread, then Google will propagate this thread into the hands of thousands of eager newbies trying to get new parts for old computers, and the stock on rare parts will dry up faster than those 1450 motherboards from Best :)

How about some specifics? 500 2000 64 128 1084 400 5150 5160 5170 Classic

Edited by fibrewire

I noticed this a few months back and thought it was funny as hell. Sears is REALLY serious about stocking parts for things they sell. My grandfather shopped there religiously for that reason. I'm assuming they have warehouse space measured in square miles. They even have parts for my Sony 32" CRT HDTV.

I almost ordered a 400 keyboard until I found out B&C still had'em a while back. I feel for the poor bastard that has to dig for it though LOL

If they bothered scanning diagrams and putting the part numbers in the system, chances are they really have it.

• Like 1