IGNORED

Crystal Mines for the Nintendo DS

Songbird

I'm pleased to announce the immediate availability of Crystal Mines for the NDS on the Songbird website. This excellent port of the classic Lynx game includes all the original AND Buried Treasure levels. I will have some copies for sale with me at Midwest Gaming Classic next weekend, or of course you can place an order on the Songbird site.

Enjoy! :)

Edited by Songbird

I'm pleased to announce the immediate availability of Crystal Mines for the NDS on the Songbird website. This excellent port of the classic Lynx game includes all the original AND Buried Treasure levels. I will have some copies for sale with me at Midwest Gaming Classic next weekend, or of course you can place an order on the Songbird site.

Enjoy! :)

I'm glad to hear you'll be at the MGC. We missed you last year. :)

I already got it and i finished all levels. I finished all levels in classic and new style.

1 level from the original CM II is missing and there are 6 additional levels.

I found 3 modified levels (maybe there are more, but i am not sure).

At some points in the game play is a little bit different from the Lynx version. But this is no big issue.

The coders made a good job.

But i am missing a level editor! There is so many capacity inside a NDS module, why it is not included?

But if you love Crystal Mines II and you own a NDS than you should order!

NDS is a good system for RPG fans and some classic franchises have found their way onto the system so obviously if you are a gamer you owe it to yourself to track down a phat/classic DS and get playing. A lot of 'casual' games are on the system but this is never really a bad thing if you mix it up with the quality titles that are out there.

Crystal Mines is a pretty neat game. I do not have the ability/brainpower to conquer some of the more tougher levels (perhaps I should get my act together) but i've always been a fan. Appreciate the heads up on this title! Many kind thanks!

No info on http://www.trublu.co...wsite/index.php

Did this game see any distribution (in Australia or anywhere else)?

Follow that link and click on the "hes.net" tab on the far right (it's the last one). On hes.net, click on "DS" in the nav bar.

The first link is for Crystal Mines and it has some more information, including a link to the instructions:

http://www.hes.net/n...st=NDSCMS000960

http://www.crystalmines.com/

Finally, here is the developers page, with screenshots:

http://www.torus.com...age=games&id=69

Edited by frap

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I love playing Crystal Mines on the lynx - it’s actually the only game I still own - unfortunately my lynx is on its last legs. Does anyone know where to get a copy on the NDS, or know anyone who’s in the mind to sell? (I tried the Nick Harlow link but unfortunately it’s no longer live). 

I’ve searched through multiple Australian gaming stores but they are all out of stock. Finally found one in a secondhand store but they won’t ship internationally. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kit

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

What about a new (or nicely used) Lynx instead? :)

I had thought it silly to buy a new lynx just to play one game - but it may actually end up cheaper to do that than buying the NDS copy. 

I am intrigued about the gameplay on the NDS though. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

The current generation of console games lacks die hard puzzlers like Crystal Mines II and Chip's Challenge II. Games with say 150 levels that require a lot of thinking and therefore development time. The level design of the current generation of puzzlers is subpar, because it is no longer worth investing a lot of time in it. I know there is a small but stable niche where these types of games are in great demand. What would it take to trigger a republication of one of these games? Talk to TruBlu (they republished CM2 on the Nintendo DS)? Niffler (they published CC2 on Windows)?

• Like 1