IGNORED

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Spoon

Being a huge fan of the original NES game from 1987, the new Kid Icarus game was pretty much my major reason for buying the 3DS. So today is the day it's finally out. I typically don't pre-order games and then go stand out in front of the store waiting for them to open...but I did that today.

Anyway, for $40 you get the new game, six AR cards (whatever they do), a stand to play it on, and a code to download a 3D version of NES Kid Icarus. Not a bad deal at all.

So I get home and crank it up...and it's even better than what I was expecting. Although even using the stand my left hand still kind of cramps up after about half an hour or so. I can't imagine somebody spending any amount of time playing this without one. Well, at least for an adult. I'm sure my kids won't be all that bothered with it.

Anybody else pick this up yet? I'm really digging it so far.

I'm buying it today.. probably at Walmart or something

Anyway, for $40 you get the new game, six AR cards (whatever they do), a stand to play it on, and a code to download a 3D version of NES Kid Icarus. Not a bad deal at all.

I thought that code was only if you pre-ordered (which I did not)? And what about the rest of the stuff like the cards.. does everyone get that?

Edited by NE146

Ah yes, my bad. It looks as though you only get the original game with a pre-order. If you didn't pre-order you still get the rest of it, though. It comes in a box to accomidate the stand, and the cards were packed inside the game case.

Withouth the original Icarus = good deal.

With the original Icarus = gooder deal

And I'm impressed with the stand it comes with. It's relatively sturdy for being so light, folds up nicely, and is about the same length and width as the 3DS so you can cart it around with you. Doesn't make me want to dance through the streets like Jason Alexander in a McDLT commercial, but it's a decent throw-in I'll be using with other games.

Although even using the stand my left hand still kind of cramps up after about half an hour or so.

You can play this game with the Circle Pad Pro which may help out any hand cramps.

Best buy has it for 29.99. So those that didnt pre order can use the moneyndaved to download the 3d classic when it ismreleased

Amazon.com also has it for $29.99 with Free Shipping and no sales tax for the state I live in. So, that's $29.99 out the door but you would have to wait a few days for delivery.

Got this the other day. Very impressed. Controls don't both me at all, but if I'm playing at a weird angle in a car or something, it'll start hurting. Don't like using the stand because I have to hunch over, and lately that's been causing me some back pains.

It's certainly one of the biggest handheld games in a while. The sheer amount of content is insane. Oh, and I like how the menus are similar to Super Smash Brothers Brawl, as well as having trophies, the "big wall of unlockables", and other similar concepts from Brawl. Nice touch, Sakurai.

Got this on release day. Totally loving it. Awesome gameplay, and very rich in content. Lots of stuff to do with this one, and I would expect no less from the guy that made the Super Smash Bros. series a reality.

Seriously, if you own a 3DS and have not yet bought this game, you owe it to yourself to do so immediately. If you don't yet own a 3DS, and are on the fence about buying one or were waiting for "the" game to be released that would sell you on the system? This is the game! It's that good, hands down.

• Like 1

Different games totally. Kid Icarus to me, while a shooter, feels like a pretty fresh gaming experience. Mario Kart 7, while I liked it, I was very familiar with what I was doing and was pretty much playing what I already knew. I don't know if that's a bad thing, but I'm just telling it like it is. :)

Nintendo had there chances releasing Kid Icarus on the SNES, N64, GBA, GBC or the Wii..but they didn't

Why now???

They saw how well other retro revivals were doing and realized they had a franchise that hadn't been touched since the early 90's for the most part. Although when I heard Pit was in Smash Brothers, I knew they would make a new game.

The AR card packs that people got at Wondercon are crazy hard-to-find and getting more and more expensive! I know as of now, you can't buy any cards at retail but I wonder if that will change in the future? It's so hard for people to get these promo cards that don't live close to these conventions that they give them out at.

If anyone has any cards they are looking to sell, let me know, thanks!

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'm a little late to the party but I finally picked this up and am having a blast with it.

I was a little bummed with my 3DS purchases so far and with the exception of Mario land haven't really had anything worthy of keeping the system around.....until now, Uprising is awesome!!

Okay, I'm a little late to the party but I finally picked this up and am having a blast with it.

I was a little bummed with my 3DS purchases so far and with the exception of Mario land haven't really had anything worthy of keeping the system around.....until now, Uprising is awesome!!

Im with you.

I got bust a move on launch day, hated everything since then, and only play the 3DS for this game.

The controls are kind of doofy, but they work out eventually.

I don't use the stupid stand that came with it. That stand is mental. Just hold the damn thing and use your finger.

I've been playing the download version and damn, is it a hard game. I do like how they added 3D to it.

Haven't gotten Uprising yet, between a hospital visit and a new AC unit, my funds are a bit tight at the moment.

Pictures of the stand look a little on the cheesy side. I picked up a grip for my 3DS back in April, it's quite nice.

Im with you.

I got bust a move on launch day, hated everything since then, and only play the 3DS for this game.

The controls are kind of doofy, but they work out eventually.

I don't use the stupid stand that came with it. That stand is mental. Just hold the damn thing and use your finger.

I like the stand but not for playing the game, I just think my 3DS looks bad ass on my shelf with it :) I basically use it as a "charging station"

The only way I found the stand comfortable was the "girl doing homework" position where you lay on your stomach and have the stand in front of you...

post-9102-0-98852400-1338408224_thumb.jpg

Otherwise I just hold it. Even with the stylus it's not that bad, but yeah, finger is the way to go. I have a theory that the action is so "in your face" that people tend to grip way harder than they need to causing hand cramps. Or maybe I am just immune to the hand cramps since I have devoloped super human grip strength from...well...how I got it is not important :grin: