IGNORED

security certificate ran out?

so_tough!

can you fix the chat as well. there is no reason for chat reset at 3 in the morning every night. every time it resets it causes problems for those of us who are still up that late chatting, the problems last at least 4-6 hours after. constantly getting kicked for no reason, not being able to get back into chat as well.

Edited by Coolhand20th

I suppose that's around 11:00 my time. That's when the forum is dead for some minutes too.

Has been like that for years now.

There are issues with the Chat program, although that's a bit beyond what I can control since that talks to an Invision server. I'll have to see if other people are having problems with it, sounds like it's more than just AtariAge being "busy" at 4am CST. And as far as that goes, I'm going to work again on trying to eliminate that downtime. My new job has given me some ideas on how I can resolve that so the site is up full-time, even when backups are taking place.

..Al

Yeah it is a lot of people who have issues with chat. It's just not at the reset either. I know myself and another member have had massive issues trying to get sometimes even during the day. Bugs can be worked out, just takes time is all :) Tbh they really shouldn't be resetting every night nor should the boards. I can however see once or twice a week. I've done boards through Invision and used IP board software before. It's actually pretty easy to use and setup. I was part of a flight sim community that had 15K active members and total was about 25K that were active off and on. Backups were done usually once a week over night during the week to minimize down time for everyone since it was a UK based board with members in every country in the world. Just gotta get them to stop doing the backups all the time. That would definitely help all around.

I tried sending you an email about this on the night that it happened but, it may not have gotten through. I couldn't find the main site's email address at the time so, I just assumed that your yahoo messenger handle would be the same as your email address and tried that.

Firefox had told me that it expired at 6:56 pm on whatever day it was. I had the info saved as a text but, I must have deleted it because I can't find it now.

Since you've solved the problem, it no longer matters anyway but, I just came across a new problem and I'm not sure if it's on my end or if it's something else.

I have been trying to register an account at the Atari Age Store but, it wont go through or except it.

Here is what it says every time that I try...

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_c40de489816b80363cb540be6a09b058, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/atariage/public_html/store/include/classes/class.sessions.php on line 25

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/atariage/public_html/store/include/classes/class.sessions.php:25) in /home/atariage/public_html/store/include/classes/class.sessions.php on line 25

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/atariage/public_html/store/include/classes/class.sessions.php:25) in /home/atariage/public_html/store/libsecure.php on line 79

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_c40de489816b80363cb540be6a09b058, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Ahhh, joy, thanks for pointing this out. I'll investigate today.

..Al

You're quite welcome. I've never suffered the pleasure of being a forum mod or admin but, I have done so on a few yahoo groups in the past and so, on some level I can sympathise with the frustrations you must have to put up with.

It truly is a tiresome position to hold at times and I for one do not miss it in the least.

Edited by RosenbumThe3rd

Everywhere. Doesn't matter, it can happen making a new post, doing a reply to a post, posting a status update....you hit the Post button and you see the bars moving at the top of the screen but nothing happens, it never posts and takes you back to the forum, it just sits there. I have to re-load the page and try again.

I've never personally experienced this--is it something that just started happening recently, or have you been seeing this for some time? I've had very few reports of this, so not sure how widespread an issue it is. What browser are you using?

Thanks,

..Al

Al, we talked about it in length in this thread: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/192451-whats-wrong-with-my-quick-reply/