IGNORED

If you could have only one console and game?

I don't think it's possible that I could ever pare it down to just one. I could get rid of the Dreamcast and the Saturn, I can say good-bye to the GameCube, but I'd go crazy if I only had just one game to play. I'd probably get a Wii and just have Mario Kari Wii for the multiplayer experience. But I would be generally depressed if the rest had to go. :(

Tough question. I'd probably end up choosing the 5200 and Star Raiders. I think I'd be happier with the Intellivision and AD&D (Cloudy Mountain), but my nostalgia for Star Raiders is stronger so that would probably tip it for me.

Vectrex with Minestorm..

I somehow never tire of that game..

There are better games on the system technically, and better games on other systems...

But its just fun and easy to get into; and I don't seem to get tired of it month after month, year after year...

And I'm so bad that I don't even have to worry about the level 13 glitch.. I'll never get there.. ;-)

desiv

• Like 1

A Sega Genesis with the Genesis 6-Pak cartridge.

They aren't Sega's BEST titles, but at least I'd have some variety.

Columns... for puzzle time

Super Hang-On... for racing

Sonic the Hedgehog... classic

Revenge of Shinobi... classic

Streets of Rage & Golden Axe... urban and fantasy beat-em-ups

• Like 1

Hmmm.

3 features factor heavily into this one for me.

-*huge* games with tons of content

-level editors

-games that generate random levels

I can't think of any old games that have all three, or even do two of the three well. I guess I'd go with Starflight on Genesis, which falls into the 'huge' category. It's a pretty complex game that would take me a long time to master, set on a playfield which is a little samey, but no doubt huge. I've never 'gotten into' this game, which makes it an odd choice for the list.

Does an arcade cabinet count? If so, then Galaga.

Otherwise, the one that immediately jumps out is an Odyssey 2 with UFO! Magnavox really got it right with that game.

Good thing we aren't forced to make this decision...I'd miss all my other games!

Wow... that is tough. If I had to pick a console and title, it would have to be among these:

1. Vectrex. Since Minestorm is built-in, I'm going to add a cart: the homebrew YASI/Protector. I know, that's cheating, but that way I get the most awesome system ever and 3 awesome games. The wonder of the Vectrex, great controllers, and those 3 games would keep me going forever.
  2. Sega Genesis and Sonic the Hedgehog. Good controllers, reliable system, great game with many ways to play (exploration, speed, whatever).
  3. I want to say Dreamcast, but I love too many games to pick one.
  4. ColecoVision and Donkey Kong. Problem is, my arthritic hands can't deal with the controllers anymore for more than an hour tops. Plus, the ColecoVision would die and need repair within several months. Still, if I was 12 again I could play it for 8 hour marathons every day.
  5. Sega Master System and R-Type.
  6. PlayStation and Intelligent Qube. Second runner up game: FF7. Third runner up game: Crash Bandicoot (the original). Fourth: Ergeiz (Dungeon).

Computers... now that's a completely different story. Just thinking about it makes my nose bleed ;)

Edited by akator