IGNORED

Coleco Industries History Book

retroillucid

Guys running 1980's video game systems complaining about books being in paper?? ummmm

Give me an e-copy of a book and i'll show you how to convert it to epub, doc, mobi, pdf, etc with one freeware tool! .... let's get some paper copies out there before he decides if he wants to let it loose on the wild wild web...

http://calibre-ebook.com/

• Like 1

Nobody is complaining about a paper book, we just want normal ebook options, which are all but standard these days. However, since we've found out that it's going to be a short, black and white book, the economics of print work out, so if an ebook is not pursued, so be it.

By the way, if you think having only a print version will eliminate or reduce piracy, think again. If it's created, it will get pirated. That's a sad truth. People will go to extraordinary lengths to get free stuff, unfortunately. I've had pirated versions of my books on the Web before the print version even went to print. There's very little that can be done about it.

Ebook version will be available once all Print copies will be sold-out :)

That's a great idea and the perfect solution for all interested in this product. Hmmm, seems I mentioned something like this in a previous post...

"You can't really display proudly an eBook version, although a version in this format would be a nice secondary option perhaps after selling off your production run of physical books and if it proves to expensive to keep producing."

i don't believe in e-books i will use e-books, cbr files, mp3's... but there is simply no future value in digital copies. (other than the information contained)

Well, that's where everything is moving, cloud, digital, etc., so we'll all have to come to terms with an evolving definition of what ownership of bits means at some point. Certainly it's logical to assume that in another generation or two most people won't distinguish between ownership of physical or digital goods, it will all be the same.

lets just say. if its not available as a physical product, I'll be contributing a lot less to the economy.

(sorry.. i'll shut up now.. didn't mean to highjack this topic with my views on digital goods)

Well, it's always hoped that with digital goods making things cheap enough, people will be less inclined to steal the bits. Some people can't help themselves, though, sadly, but again, hoping that thieving mentality will change over time.

I like digital goods for the convenience factor, but I never feel like I own something if it is digital. Simply for the fact that if a hard drive dies and a server no longer exist you have nothing. The way technology changes if you buy something now digital you will most likely not own it in 10 years. Do to the format being out dated and/or discounted at that point.

I love and use digital goods for convenience but as a Collector I need the real thing. I play games as much as I can on my Ultimate SD(mostly so I keep my real copies in mint condition), I'm more likely to read a ebook than a real book (but I don't feel I own a book unless its the real thing) I watch movies on instant Netflixs(again I don't own anything on Netflixs as they can take it a way at any point), so I like digital goods but I also don't think you can own a digital good, which I feel is......Ultimately Bad......

Just so you know JF I want a real hard back copy of your book and signed please ;) :thumbsup:

Edited by RelliK111

Good news!

I finally managed to get a pic of the famous Amsterdam Facility!

I was lucky enough to find one by getting an old Coleco Annual Report wich contained a pic of the Amsterdam building :D

So now, I have photos of all (or almost) Coleco building :thumbsup:

Needless to say that they will all be pictured in the book ;)

......and in the Coleco Museum, obviously! :twisted:

Hi Brett,

We plan to have the self-publishing lab open to the public by the end of May - watch our web-site for further details. Information about formatting books will be available when the centre opens.

I hope this will allow you to meet your timelines.

Nancy Peel

Manager - Public Services

Windsor Public Library

850 Ouellette Ave.

Windsor, Ontario

N9A 4M9

519-255-6770, x 4562

PM'ing you. I have some very talented members on my website that might be interested in helping you, I'd I call in some favors.

Also, I'd be honored if I could have some of my present photos and future ones I'm planning on taking be included in your book.

I also want to be on the list to purchase a copy.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you're still interested in that Xerox machine that is coming to Windsor or if RedRaider has found you something better.... but they are still contacting me about it.

If you're not interested please let me know so I can let them know!

Thanks!

Hello Brett,

I understand that you had an inquiry about the Self Publishing Lab coming soon to Windsor Public Library. We are in the final stages of getting all the details nailed down, and hope that the Lab will launch within the next few weeks.

Once we have confirmed our hours and pricing, I will email you again with all the details. In the meantime, feel free to contact me with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Have a Great Day!

Sue Perry

Self Publishing Facilitator

Windsor Public Library

• 2 weeks later...

Progress has been done with the book

I frequently update the book as I receive new Coleco catalogs

In fact, I have now 90% of all existing catalogs now,.... Wich I'm more than happy to have

I should send the final text to Ikrananka in the next few weeks so he can proof read everything

I've think about this title for the book... Does it sounds right to you? .... Or any other ideas?

Coleco Industries; The Eternal Legacy

I've think about this title for the book... Does it sounds right to you? .... Or any other ideas?

It's a little too much for a simple company that went bankrupt 25 years ago. You want something straightforward that people can find with a simple search on the net (which will help with sales, coupled with a proper ISBN number).

Something like "The History of Coleco" perhaps? :)

It's a little too much for a simple company that went bankrupt 25 years ago. You want something straightforward that people can find with a simple search on the net (which will help with sales, coupled with a proper ISBN number).

I think you are right..... I should stick with "The History of Coleco Industries" :)

If you want to get lots of sales with searches.... perhaps their most popular product was the Cabbage Patch Kids..

The History of Coleco Industries: From Leather to the Cabbage Patch

or something similiar

From Crafts to the Cabbage Patch...

If you want to get lots of sales with searches.... perhaps their most popular product was the Cabbage Patch Kids..

The History of Coleco Industries: From Leather to the Cabbage Patch

or something similiar

From Crafts to the Cabbage Patch...

Probably best just to keep it simply as "The History of Coleco Industries" as the added "From Leather to Cabbage Patch" implies that the book stops with the Cabbage Patch Kids even though Coleco went on for a number of years after the C.P.K. and did develop other toy products... some released, other not, still others sold off to other toy companies.