IGNORED

hombrew?

Jinks

No. The hbc simply allows you to use programs on your wii, you can think of that as an Operating System.

The Homebrew Browser is a program that will let you find from the internet many usefull programs, like emulators... But to use Homebrew Browser your Wii needs to connect to the internet.

When you install the Homebrew Browser, it will be shown as an icon in the hbc. The bubbles are like an animated wallpaper :)

Yes. You'll find the emulators in hbb, but not the roms. The hbb will download and install the programs, creating the folders in the sd card.

Then you must get the roms in a pc first and copy them to the correct directory in the sd card. Where is the correct directory? Well, it depends on the program. But usually it is in /emulator/roms/ It's a bit strange but the emulator itself is in another directory in /apps/emulator. That's because the programs go to the /apps directory and configuration files in another place...

So hbb is not usefull at all spent 3 hours downloading emulators before and roms found would not work. deleted them found out about hbb and downloaded all the emulators again.. f it going to sleep hopefully next weekend download roms to these new directories.. what a bunch of bs..

thanks for the help so far. too bad could not find out the whole story till too late. someone needs to make a walkthru called playing emulation on wii..

letterbomb. sd card with hbc and hbb installed get roms on computer and emulators from hbb. nice to know this from the get go.. oh well..

Edited by Jinks

Why does mame emu only hold 5 roms in the list?? Wtf is with neo geo files to play mame?? N64 emu dont work at all very buggy? Is there a emu for sega cd on hbb? Coleco emu dobt work at all it shows no cart selected.. yeah i put extracted roms in the rom dir in the proper emu still nothing..can ne one help woth any of this??

I think you might be emulator challenged :)

I find that emu's for these all work really well:

Atari 2600

Atari 7800

NES

Colecovision

SNES

Game Boy/GBA

Genesis

Master System

Turbo Grafix

These work pretty well:

A8/Atari 5200

C64

Odyssey 2

And these are serviceable, but not great:

Intellevision

MAME

Vectrex

It sucks so bad after 20-30 sd card switches pc to wii anf find hours of rom downloads useless its 2600 or wii games disc. going to homebrew channel hardly woth all the trouble..hell for the ten games that work it almost would have been less painfull to buy the games on ebay..

Can mame have more than five games in the list?? Wtf is neo geo?? Never heard of it sounds like a pet shop like toy for my 4 year old??

Really? You never heard of NEO GEO? They made several arcade games, Fatal Fury, The King of Fighters, Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown just to name a few......

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

None of those ones work for me on mame. so neo geo a game maker like tatio? Balley? or a hardware/system maker?

Something about bios rom for those to work. so i downloaded that no idea what dir to put that to make neo geo to work??

None of those ones work for me on mame. so neo geo a game maker like tatio? Balley? or a hardware/system maker?

Something about bios rom for those to work. so i downloaded that no idea what dir to put that to make neo geo to work??

Yes they made several arcade games followed by expensive home console with big ass cartridges which was mega $$$$ as it was literally the arcade board and games. Many of their popular titles were licensed on a variety of platforms. If it did not work in MAME you did not have a full proper set including the Neo Geo ROMS. I don't do Wii emulators so I cannot instruct you in those matters. So they were pretty much all of what you suggested. That's pretty much it..........

http://en.wikipedia....eo_%28system%29

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

going to homebrew channel hardly woth all the trouble..hell for the ten games that work it almost would have been less painfull to buy the games on ebay..

You're doing something very wrong. My 8gb SD card has hundreds of games that work. You must be putting them in the wrong directory or something...

• Like 1

I got a 16 gb card. i download roms spend hours doing that only 5 work on mame. nothing neo geo works. i extract and move the file to the emulator. Take to the wii maybe 2% works. I just dont have bios rom or something i think..??

The link with all the info is posted

wiibrew.org when I first started and when the wii was being updated heavily that site and its forums had great instructions and great info answered all questions I had and all you have posted here

I havent used MAME on the wii as of yet but have used emu's for 2600 7800 NES SNES Genesis GBA/GBC/GB and all worked great for me I use CD/DVD or network to my PC for roms as I only have a 1gig

SD card to use for it

Network wii to the pc?? Do smc files work..

I know everyone needs to experiment and buy sd cards and spend hours reading as there is no surefire way to make this work cause of all the variables.. maybe get a computer tech to figure all the geek angles to this?

I have read thru a couple of websites it say extract neo geo to mame rom folder with otger neo gro roms. turn on wii. says files are missing can not load rom. how the hell does the emulator know to combine the bios rom with neo geo roms to work??