IGNORED

Red Sea Crossing AtariAge database

nagn2

Not to sound like a broken record, but I've seen ads for other unreleased games (i.e. - The Incredible Hulk)....

I know someone here (in the other Red Sea crossing thread) has said that they have a copy of a Red Sea Crossing cartridge and even posted a video, but was that ever confirmed? I certainly hope that it was...then another holy grail will be added to the database...just one more game that I will likely never own! :grin:

• Like 2

Not to sound like a broken record, but I've seen ads for other unreleased games (i.e. - The Incredible Hulk)....

I know someone here (in the other Red Sea crossing thread) has said that they have a copy of a Red Sea Crossing cartridge and even posted a video, but was that ever confirmed? I certainly hope that it was...then another holy grail will be added to the database...just one more game that I will likely never own! :grin:

Still no definitive proof

The game was found before the ad. I think the ad is the proof.

The game was found before the ad. I think the ad is the proof.

Again, you "think" that is not proof , we can all sit and assume until the assumed owner comes forward and allows it to be verified, we all "think" its real or "think" it's not.

I for one believe it's real , but no proof has been submitted as of yet.

• Like 1

I believes that it proves that it was developed and at least intended on release, even if it never made it to mass production.

You could say this about every R10. The only way you could prove a title went to mass production is if you find a stash of carts, in which case it will no longer be an R10

Any possibility of the ROM being dumped so others could enjoy this game?

highly unlikely, at least until nagn sells his copy

He could at least invite another collector over to take pics and play the game. I think if someone like you got the chance to see and play it, that would settle any remaining doubt that this game exists....my own included. :ponder:

He could at least invite another collector over to take pics and play the game. I think if someone like you got the chance to see and play it, that would settle any remaining doubt that this game exists....my own included. :ponder:

Lets all pitch in to fly Dino over and confirm this thing ASAP!

I pledge 50c

:grin:

• Like 1

He could, but it's been years now and he hasn't done it yet so I don't think it's going to happen. So far all he's done is insist it's real without going through the necessary steps to prove it, so we are all left unsure of its validity.

He could, but it's been years now and he hasn't done it yet so I don't think it's going to happen. So far all he's done is insist it's real without going through the necessary steps to prove it, so we are all left unsure of its validity.

I know we all have gone over this, again and again. That's why I said nothing has been proven. I don't care if it's dumped or reproed. I just really would love some closure to this. When he decides to sell wel'll figure it out I guess

I believes that it proves that it was developed and at least intended on release, even if it never made it to mass production.

You could say this about every R10. The only way you could prove a title went to mass production is if you find a stash of carts, in which case it will no longer be an R10

I guess that sums it up pretty good!

I guess that sums it up pretty good!

I guess its a natural tendancy to discount that which is out of reach ;) :-D

• Like 1

I guess I don't understand the skepticism. Someone comes forward with a game he found, shows label, screen shots, maybe video (I don't remember, was there video footage made?). Years later, another person finds an ad in a magazine in the library that has a screen shot showing it is the same game. Why isn't that proof it is legit?

• Like 2

I guess I don't understand the skepticism. Someone comes forward with a game he found, shows label, screen shots, maybe video (I don't remember, was there video footage made?). Years later, another person finds an ad in a magazine in the library that has a screen shot showing it is the same game. Why isn't that proof it is legit?

It is proof. The nay sayers are trying to use unacceptance to pressure the owner to release the ROM - i.e. We won't accept it is legit until you let us play the game.

I was quite critical of the way nagn handled this whole affair. His demeanor was that of someone who was not wholly truthful, so I didnt believe this cart was legit when he came forward with it. Now that the article has been found I am convinced of its authenticity and don't need the ROM to be released as further proof.

Of course he could have found the article first and reverse-engineered a fake cart and waited until the day someone else would find the same article, but I find it very hard to believe that that is the case here.

• Like 1

There is enough evidence in previous threads to convince me that this cartridge is legit. Listing it in the AtariAge database gets my vote. It could always be removed later if necessary. Having it listed in the database might help others realize they have a rare cartridge, and possibly come forward with more info!

• Like 3