IGNORED

ColecoVision and Adam information

5-11under

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I recently bought my first colecovision, bother controllers were not functioning properly, the right fire button on both controllers were not working and the joystick on one of them wouldn't recognize movement to the right. I cleaned the contacts for the joysticks and used electrical contact cleaner on the trigger buttons. One of them is working great and the other doesn't do anything at all now. Any suggestions? Also, the system itself, a lot of times the games start but have graphical errors, i turn the system off and take the game out and put it back in sometimes a couple times and it eventually works fine, is this common or is there something I should do to fix this? I already cleaned the game cartridges and the game port on the system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

I'm waiting for edladdin to release his dongle that will allow me to use my coleco flashback controllers on the colecovision, plus I want to pick up one of his arcade sticks for it, I mean coleco brought the arcade experience home, might as well have an arcade stick for it. times like this I wish I had gone to college and studied electrical engineering to make my own controllers

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I am impressed that there is so much interest in a product that can be easily emulated on your phone or better yet in 4K my 80" TV.

Seriously, get yourself a 3D printer and a raspberry PI then create your own version of a table top.
Why pay a kickstarter for something that will make other people rich.

Look what happened with the Oculus Rift for Christ sake.

I am impressed that there is so much interest in a product that can be easily emulated on your phone or better yet in 4K my 80" TV.

Seriously, get yourself a 3D printer and a raspberry PI then create your own version of a table top.

Why pay a kickstarter for something that will make other people rich.

Look what happened with the Oculus Rift for Christ sake.

Seriously, Mike, your posts and attitude in this forum are getting old.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Being as this is specific and I see no hardware area to post in then I will do it here.

Can I safely assume that the Digital Data Drives Hardware is nothing more than a motor control unit and that the independent 1601 CPU that controls with BIOS instruction is mounted on the ADAM logic board?

Unlike the Disk Drive which is an all in one device that connects to the ADAM NET.

I am finding that the pin outs on the main board for DATA do not connect to the DATA on ADAM NET directly.

Technology that makes sense in the 80's, especially when you would have redundant chips and space on the DDDrive.
Definitely not for today especially with surface mount.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...