IGNORED

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Oh, cool. Another game for the sheep to go out and buy to perpetuate the delicate system that is AAA gaming. Call of Duty 85!

i'd be more diplomatic about it :P .but at a certain point the marketplace has simply got to be tired of the same games year after year after year, annual sequel after annual sequel clogging the shelves. another god of war was just announced. jesus christ enough already. (my avatar may appear hypocritical but i like the pic ).

as to the topic, i won't be playing this. i had my fill 2 games ago. some things may be interesting but not interesting enough to warrant another $60 for essentially the same as the last 5 games.

Edited by xg4bx

The ones that really care are the millions who will plunk down $60 on day one. You know, those kids that now drive the industry. :-D

Luckily for the rest, there are millions of great alternatives, so why waste the time (again) letting everyone know how bitter you feel about a game when you could be talking about something you like and that makes you happy?

I think moving on into the future was a brilliant move, although admittedly I haven't really been keeping up with this series much.

Too many games in my "To play" queue, including some past installments of COD. I imagine I'll get this when the price drops, and add it to the pile.

so why waste the time (again) letting everyone know how bitter you feel about a game when you could be talking about something you like and that makes you happy?

Because opinions are free and quick and easy to jot down. It also serves as a reminder that not everybody likes game/franchise/publisher/etc. It's like saying why waste your time complaining about someone else's complaining when you could get to work on that backlog of games you need to play.

In a nutshell, if you don't want to see someone disagree with you, it's probably best not to state an opinion to begin with. Freedom of speech allows for disagreements after all. ;)

Personally I'm not going to be playing this game either. Not interested in the series at all - and I'm already playing many great alternatives but that won't stop me from stating this too.

Too many games in my "To play" queue, including some past installments of COD. I imagine I'll get this when the price drops, and add it to the pile.

Just out of curiosity, Moycon: do you ever worry that by waiting to buy a game until long after release that the online community might not be there when you are ready to play?

Though it may not happen very quickly with name franchises like a CoD, I have purchased games 9 months or so after a release date and found the online community to be almost a ghost town.

As I said, just curious.....

Mendon

Call me what you will, as someone who's classic creds are solid, I quite honestly LOVE Call of Duty. :P

I never ever play the "single player" version of it though.. it's purely an online Quake-Arena style competitive first person shooter to me, and nothing else.

After Doom I HATED all FPS's of any type until COD4 came out (that's nearly 15 years of FPS hate!!) So that's got to say something about the fun of the game to recruit an old dog like me. :)

Call me what you will, as someone who's classic creds are solid, I quite honestly LOVE Call of Duty. :P

I never ever play the "single player" version of it though.. it's purely an online Quake-Arena style competitive first person shooter to me, and nothing else.

I love the COD games as well. They just 'feel' better than the other FPS franchises out there IMHO. I do enjoy the single player aspect though. I'll play through the campaign first and then hit the multiplayer.

For me the multiplayer is kind of like playing the arcade games of old...each game lasts just a few intense minutes. You can play a couple of games if you have a short time, or play a bunch if you have several hours.

Agreed.. you can just jump in and play for 3-5 minutes and you're done. It's totally brainless arcade fun (in the GOOD way). You use your twitch reflexes, but there's depth to it as well when you finally figure it out. If you ask me, we need more games like it. :P

Edited by NE146

Wow......alot of haters. Oh well.....there will always be. As for me....I will be picking this up on day one. And by the way.....Im not some kid who is driving the industry nor do i consider myself a sheep for liking a game that make dollars hand over fist. I like what i like and its multiplayer COD for me.

To be fair, I have played every Call of Duty game to date (except CoD 3, which I heard was buggy as hell). However, I have not paid for any of them, they were borrowed or checked out from the library. The multiplayer does not interest me in the least. How many times can we play the same iterations of Team Deathmatch? I always enjoy running through the single player on Veteran though. And I do mean running. Even on veteran, you can beat most CoD games in less than six or seven hours on the hardest difficulty. Single player is like an afterthought these days.

Edited by iswitt

Because opinions are free and quick and easy to jot down. It also serves as a reminder that not everybody likes game/franchise/publisher/etc.

Yep I agree for sure, and that is why I reminded (again) about the alternatives. It's quick, easy, screams of freedom, and most importantly...reminds.

Things would be so much simpler if we as humans could retain knowledge for any length of time that is for sure.

Just out of curiosity, Moycon: do you ever worry that by waiting to buy a game until long after release that the online community might not be there when you are ready to play?

Good point. The price is drastically reduced in the future, but then again, so is the play options.

Years ago when the 360 launched, I probably would have cared. Games like Burnout Revenge, Prey, Halo 3, Unreal 3, were all great to play, both alone and online.

These last few months my online play has been next to non-existent.I really want to get back into the online scene, but a lot of my games I really want to play are single player games, added to that is the fact I've never really gotten into the COD online. I have played a few times, and it is fun for sure, I dunno though, in the end I guess I'm not worried about the online. Unlike NE146, I actually want to play through the campaigns of these COD games.

Just out of curiousity though, do the COD games support system link? Setting up a LAN party would be great fun, and with as many copies as are sold, probably cheap to buy on the secondary market. I could have my cake and eat it to. (If I could find enough people)

The multiplayer does not interest me in the least. How many times can we play the same iterations of Team Deathmatch?

I think all in total I've probably logged a few months solid of playtime. :lol: I mean come on.. yeah it's the same "game" but the human factor ensures consistent variety & challenge. That being said, there's a bunch of other game modes too aside from the basic ol TD. I'm not a huge fan of those though..

Black Op's is my favorite CoD game of the bunch, so the announcement of Black Op's 2 was pretty exciting for me.

BUT...... after reading the following, I cancelled my pre-order:

http://kotaku.com/59...-of-duty-really

I can't view the series with the same wonder and enjoyment ever again.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon
  • Like 1

Black Op's is my favorite CoD game of the bunch, so the announcement of Black Op's 2 was pretty exciting for me.

BUT...... after reading the following, I cancelled my pre-order:

http://kotaku.com/59...-of-duty-really

I can't view the series with the same wonder and enjoyment ever again.

Mendon

Perhaps EA paid her to mention Call of Duty...